207 hdi aircon issues - P0483??

johnandcass

Tadpole
Hi all, I have an intermittent issue with the aircon in my 207 SW 1.6hdi. Aircon works only intermittently with sometimes cold air, sometimes Ambient temp air. No apparent rhyme or reason (eg engine running temp or outside temp) although if it isn’t kicking in sometimes putting fan blower to 4 will cause it produce cold air which then continues when fan is put down lower.
Any tips where to start troubleshooting - I can’t get it regassed/pressure checked for 4-5 weeks locally unfortunately.
No Lexia or diagbox but my phone based pp is giving old codes P1351 (which has been there for a few years) and P0483 which I believe is new since I last checked.
Some readings suggesting this relates to engine coolant temp sensor - which possibly controls aircon system?
Cheers

P0483 You will probably need a cooling fan module.

(
groupe motoventilateur diagnostic signal in the Peugeot book)

Forget 1351 - it's the glow plug relay fault and comes free with every HDI car.

Thanks @seasink
Are the cooling fan modules specific to the engine model and will somewhere like repco be able to source one using my VIN or do I need to go through Peugeot?
Thanks

I doubt Repco would have something as specific as this. Try EAI or eBay. Peugeot as a la$t resort.
p207 fan control..png

It is a resistor. Check if it's burnt. If it's completely gone the fan won't work, and the cooling system is affected. Cost could be $35 and up..

Another possible source is AA Autoparts.

Last edited:
Great thanks. I’ll check over next few days and report back.
Well it certainly looks like the electrical contacts in the module have seen better days - imagine this level of corrosion could cause intermittent issues. I’ve given it a clean and reinstalled but will order a new one and report back.
Thanks all

Attachments

• IMG_5377.jpeg
    IMG_5377.jpeg
    965.7 KB · Views: 35
The resistor looks to be intact, were the contacts corroded at all? Check low and high speed fan are working.

Resistor was intact but contacts where resistor wires joined unit were corroded. Pins of unit and plug ends looked good.
Fan spins at varying speeds when engine is running however when I tried to test the low and high speed using the FAP app both threw errors but did spin up.
I’ve ordered a new module but aircon does seem a little more reliable since cleaning.