207 Clutch Pedal Return Spring

Topaz

Fellow Frogger
Has anyone installed a clutch pedal return spring? I have just tried for an hour and failed. There's nowhere near enough spare as there's 2 mounting brackets for the clutch and brake pedal either side of where this installs.

My original spring snapped (well, the plastic piece did) while I was driving and the whole spring fell out last weekend

What do I have to remove to install this spring?

Image attached of the one that fell out and parts 5 and 6 need to be installed...

Attachments

• image001.png
    image001.png
    109.5 KB · Views: 334
  • Clutch Pedal Spring.jpg
    Clutch Pedal Spring.jpg
    795.1 KB · Views: 379
For those who may find this article. Completed today. Will 100% need to take the drivers seat out for room. Secondly pull off all the paneling underneath the steering wheel including the leg aircon vent that is underneath the steering wheel. Finally you will need to disconnect the clutch slave cylinder piston. This will be a little clip you can simply push off with a screw driver attached to the clutch. The easiest position to change this spring will be with the clutch pulled towards the rear of the car. You will need to pull it with some force to make enough room for the clutch spring. Good luck!

Is this similar to the painful clutch clip used in 405s and the Cit Xantia? It used to keep the forum very busy. I don't recall a broken spring.

No not as bad lol. Not clip its more just an issue of being able to hold the spring assembly up in place against the fire wall without dropping it. Very simple just a room issue.

Hi Topaz, yours looks to be 207GTI, I just encountered the same issue today. Where did you get spare part from?