206cc Cabriolet - Sell or fix?

EvaR

Tadpole
Hello All,

I am the owner of a 2006 206cc Cabriolet. I have recently had the clutch kit replaced. I have been told l need the front disc rotors and brake pads changed (although l cant hear any noises when braking), timing belt replaced as it has not been changed (km's on clock at 134,000kms) and front bar end links? Also, the car feels like it is pulling back when driving under 50km/ph.

I estimate the current cost of repairs is $1200. Does that sound right? I have recently spent $1600 on the car. I am not sure if l should continue with the other repairs or sell as is without RWC. There is also the rear passenger window that is getting stuck half way (if anyone knows a way l can fix this, that would be great).

Do l continue with these repairs and hope nothing else goes wrong or do l sell it? Any helpful advice is welcomed.

Last edited:
I think it really depends on your relationship with your car,next belt change in about 4 years..so 50 c per day !!Salman Choudry is a mobile mechanic,worked on Pugs.KNOWS HIS STUFF!!...O410 040 505.

I say fix it. It's only $1200. Timing belts and brakes are wearing items. Every car needs them and there's a good chance you next car will to so it's cheaper to spend $1200 on the devil you know than buy a other car.