206 radio Acc cable.

VRaptor

VIP Paid Subscriber
Tadpole
Tadpole
Hi. Installed an aftermarket head unit today. I had to repin a lead to give me what I thought was +ve Acc. Green wire.
The head unit fires up quite ok now, but doesn't turn off with the key!
So, I probably have done something wrong, unless there is a built in delay?
Anyway, thoughts and advice appreciated.

This is just a guess without seeing the wiring, but if everything works fine, I would say that you have the memory power straight from the battery and the Accessory power about face. Swap these over and see if you can turn off the head unit with the key.

Thanks Col. Could be a good guess. I also noted that if I turn the radio off manually, then lock the car, the radio fires right up as soon as it's unlocked!
I did find a wiring diagram online, and it appears as if I have it right, but obviously not!

Reactions: COL
Hi. Installed an aftermarket head unit today. I had to repin a lead to give me what I thought was +ve Acc. Green wire.
The head unit fires up quite ok now, but doesn't turn off with the key!
So, I probably have done something wrong, unless there is a built in delay?
Anyway, thoughts and advice appreciated.
I think you will find that it will turn off after a certain amount of time. I don't think there is an old fashioned accessory wire, just the computer controlled one that you found. That's how it's worked in the three 206s I've done.

Kim

Ok, I did double check the power inputs. It was wired in correctly. It does turn off after a delay of a couple of minutes or so. Good. I didn't have to manually turn it off now. Still, turns back on as soon as you access the car again! Oh well, first world issue? Or introduced quirky feature! Lol!