206 gti track car front pads

ChocoSmith

Tadpole
Hey All,
Anyone tried any performance front pads for a 206GTI (non 180)?

Our little stock 206 GTI is running around eastern creek in around 2.02 and it is struggling to pull up. We get around a maximum 0.75g during braking but we get easily over 1g turning.

The current ceramic Brenix pads last around 2.5 hours before we hit metal and they are cooking, the bonus is they are only 55bucks and it takes only about 15minutes to change them so thats a plus.

Online and ringing around seems to give us 2 options; yellow stuff from the uk, or custom order from forza. The Forza pads require orders of 2 sets and are around 250 each but they seem to be top of the line.
The yellow stuff is 140 delivered.

If anyone has any recommendation I'm all ears.

Cheers
Choco

You need to spend at least $400 per set. Nothing under that is going to be any good. Look up either Endless or Project Mu. The rear can be standard.

I have a set of yellow stuff for 206 GTi, Bosch calipers. $50 if you want to give them a try, very close to new, no wear at all. I was trying to get the brakes to work without a booster, no success, but would be fine with a booster or if you like a firm pedal.

Ferodo DS2500 are pretty OK, DS3000 are better.
Carbone Lorraine (CL Brakes) are what Peugeot Sport seem to use on most cars. I've got some CL RC8 pads that work real nice. Regular fluid bleeds, using a decent fluid helps pedal feel too. Motul make some good cheap stuff. Castrol SRF or Endless RF-650 are the really good, expensive option.

Comp Friction - ap racing brakes, brake discs, brake kits, brake calipers, ap racing clutches, brake pads, brake fluid, brake lines are helpful if you want to try the Ferodos.

Winmax W7 are as good and cheaper than Project MUs. Once you use real race pads, you will never go back....Beware though, they love discs. But only quality discs, DBA are ok, but never get RDA as they warp instantly from the heat.

excellent thanks @all. looks like i'll start ordering some in.

@graham i'm keen to try them, cant be worse than what we currently have :) where are you located?

also not sure what caliper we have. its a 2000 206 gti. I think the yellow stuff part number is DP41234R. You can see the pads in the following link, they have the rounded ends.
https://chocosmith.files.wordpress.com/2018/07/20180707_padsafter3sessions.jpg?w=1228

Looking at the kamracing link it looks like we have type 1 brake pads.

let me know if think they match and we'll work out the rest.

Yes, they have the rounded ends. I'm in Melbourne. Going away for the weekend, back in contact tomorrow night.