206 gti Rallye

Marshall

Fellow Frogger
Hi
I'm currently shopping around for a late model 206 GTI (2002 model) and want to find out some information about a variant that was released in that year.
The 206 gti Rallye came out in late 2002 (I think) with a spoiler (like the one on the gti 180) little wheel arch add-ons, different floor mats, and a Devil exhaust system. I can't seem to find any information about this exhaust. All of the specs I can find list this car as having the standard 100kW, if this is the case, what was the point? Does it just sound different/better, or was there an actual performance boost from this factory modification?
If anybody can help me, I'd be most appreciative.

Cheers

I believed the Rallye was released as a commemerative car because of Peugeots Consecutive Rally Championship wins. With all the optional peugeot modifications. :confused:

macquered said:
No advertised power gains, it was just marketing wank.

If you buy one, make sure you get the Playstation2 with it too. That was part of the package ;)

That was the best thing going for it really. The exhaust, although looking (and sounding) a bit sporty, didn't match the rear bumper at all. The tip was a different shape to the standard exhaust tip.

I've just realised how pathetic that sounds. Imagine complaining that the exhaust doesn't match the hole in the bumper :rolleyes:

Other than that, it was ok (it's a GTi after all!), especially as the guard molds were colour coded.