206 gti into 205 gti

Slvr205GTi

Fellow Frogger
does anyone know if a 206 gti engine will fit a 205 gti ? would it be a cost factor or is there
other probs. assosiated with the conversion ?
it seems that there are quite a few wrecked low km. 206 gti cars around and it would be a great conversion.any thoughts ? :confused:

I umm not sure how viable it would be, the 206GTi engine is much larger in size and I am not sure how technical the engine is, like maybe it's too modern. I don't know, it may be able to be done :)

Where have you seen wrecked 206GTi's and stuff for sale?

No can do Slvr coz they've both got different K frames.

Just an after thought....
Your better off getting a later model eng. (ie: late 91) and putting that in. Not that it's a better engine because the oler one has heaps of potential too if you like playing around under the hood but if it's viable...

I just stick with the lighter, early Mi16 engine. They're lighter and have a lot more potential.

I umm just happen to have two 206gti,s im my yard,they are acc.damaged one is a stat writeof
the other one can be repaired. wink

Peter, how come the Mi16 engine has more potential than the 206Gti engine which is 10 years mroe advanced? I would of thought the 206 engine would have greater capacity to increase power (emissions asside).

Brad, probablly coz getting more power from a 206gTI engine is a black art as VERY few have been fidled with, and the 206 engine isn;t the happiest rever ive ever driven. Also as peterT said the engine/box combo is kinda heavy..
The Mi16 is a very tried and trued formula, it would still be an interesting project.. i still like the 4AGZE idea i had 2 year ago...(Xq ducks for cover).. cheers Xq

I'm sure the 206 rally cars still use the older all alloy Mi16 engine. It's just a purpose built screamer, that's all.

Peter, i was told that the WRC cars use only the 206 block, the rest is Pug sport stuff.... but that is coming from fishy source, mainly Fast4's magazine... never mind. cheers Xq

ps, hows your 205 going? ready

My source was someone connected with the team, but I can't verify it.

The new head has had the chambers machined. Just waiting for the new valves to be made. Hope to have it ready for Eastern Crk. on 23 August.

I'm not sure I would bother either. It wouldn't be worth your time and effort.

The 206 WRC uses the old XU motor I thought.

<a href="http://www.rallycars.com/Cars/206_WRC/206_WRC_Specs.html" target="_blank">http://www.rallycars.com/Cars/206_WRC/206_WRC_Specs.html</a>

They use it coz the eng is "bullet proof"... think of it as a stock bottom end with forgies running heaps of boost and it holds up nicely.

I want one.

Alot of work to fit the 206 engine and it is only got a 100kw only 10 more kw than a late model 205, a lot of work for little gain. Richard Longman in the UK has a quad throttle and exhaust combo for 206 GTi and claims approx 190 bhp without machining the head, big claims and it costs alot, better to stick with tried and true formula, at least that way you know it's gonna work.

What is the motor and all of the injection and computer gear worth at the moment? It has struck me that it would be nice in a 403 or something like that.
Any RWD gearbox it will bolt up to?