206 GTi 180 | Rear Speakers

FUN206

Fellow Frogger
Seems I've 'blown' my rear speakers - getting that fart/fuzzy/vibration/distortion sound with low bass...

Has anyone replaced rear speakers? It's normally an easy job, but the rear passenger "door cards" - internal wall looks difficult to remove, as it's both flush with the rear window rubber, and lower carpet, into the boot space. Huge panel.

Would love some advice on removing this fascia..? and also does anyone know speaker size, relevant amps/watts to replace?

Thanks in advance!!

Seems I've 'blown' my rear speakers - getting that fart/fuzzy/vibration/distortion sound with low bass...

Has anyone replaced rear speakers? It's normally an easy job, but the rear passenger "door cards" - internal wall looks difficult to remove, as it's both flush with the rear window rubber, and lower carpet, into the boot space. Huge panel.

Would love some advice on removing this fascia..? and also does anyone know speaker size, relevant amps/watts to replace?

Thanks in advance!!
Howdy,

I did this a few years ago, and it made it onto the 206gti.net pages here:

Rear speaker guide

There is also a text version by another guy:

Rear speakers

Originals are plastic 5 1/4” (130mm) jobs and held in with four plastic rivets. The rivet holes generally line up with replacement speakers and the captive/slip nuts they come with.

The rear fascia panels have some strong clips of various designs that need tugging to release.

There’s plenty of room, depth-wise to put high quality ones in there, but it’s probably better to do so for the front speakers (where there isn’t much depth to do so...)

There’s also not much in the way of sound deadening there, other than some cheap foam in the cavities.

Last edited: