206 Gti 180 gearbox removal

cappakazi

Fellow Frogger
Hello all,

I'm in the middle of removing my gearbox and have gone through the effort to document my steps during the process as I want to put a guide up as couldn't find one myself.

I have removed a lot of stuff now and I'm at the point where I have removed the gbox mount, starter, passenger driveshaft, clutch fork thingy, gearbox stick selector unit thingy, all bolts, cables, clips and brackets. Also unbolted the mount for the driver side driveshaft even though the driveshaft is still. I can not see anything else stopping me from physically pull the gbox off. Am I missing something? The only possible thing I was thinking was pull the driver side drive shaft fully out but still think that seems like overkill and a lot of work

Sent from my CPH1607 using aussiefrogs mobile app

Accidentally hit post before actually asking for much needed advice. Any help much appreciated.

Am I being too soft in trying to separate it? I have attacked it with a rubber mallet and got no where fast.

Hello all,

I'm in the middle of removing my gearbox and have gone through the effort to document my steps during the process as I want to put a guide up as couldn't find one myself.

I have removed a lot of stuff now and I'm at the point where I have removed the gbox mount, starter, passenger driveshaft, clutch fork thingy, gearbox stick selector unit thingy, all bolts, cables, clips and brackets. Also unbolted the mount for the driver side driveshaft even though the driveshaft is still. I can not see anything else stopping me from physically pull the gbox off. Am I missing something? The only possible thing I was thinking was pull the driver side drive shaft fully out but still think that seems like overkill and a lot of work

Hey I don't have advice, but How'd you get the gear selector thingy out?

best to detail your car and a pic would help
no replies from 206 owners so I'll take a stab
you may be referring to the gearlinkages
if its like the 205 BE3 gearbox, they'll be ball and socket
should be able to lever them off with a pry bar or something similar