206 GTi 180 Fog Light Bulb Replacement

FUN206

Fellow Frogger
Hi there, can someone help? Do I seriously have to remove a front wheel and fire wall to replace the fog light bulbs? :confused: I can't see any other way... YouTube hasn't been able to help either.

Well, unless you're gumby, then you could take out the air intake setup and the battery, to reach all the way down under the ABS unit bodywork to get it on the left side. On the right side, I doubt there's even that option.
The wheel arch trim is simple enough to loosen by pulling the plugs out for the section you need to access.

Ever watched a video of doing a headlight on a megane phase 2?

My 206 manual for some reason doesn't have a piece on fog lamp changing, but in most modern PSA cars you remove the wheel.and then the wheel arch liner. It is held on by only a few fasteners inside the arch, and possibly one underneath, The liner twists out. The fog light is then accessible.

This is the method on my Cits. It applies to many makes.

Thanks everyone. I thought there may have been an 'easier' way... Looks like I'm jacking the car up today then. Cheers.

You can remove the whole front bumper section of the car in about 15mins which would allow you the access to change the bulbs. Our race team have done this 2 or 3 times in the last 6 months to fix/remove/replace bits.