206 GTI 180 Air Intake Hose

philsom

Tadpole
Tadpole
Hi all,

Picked up a GTI 180 that has been neglected. Bought privately, guy did not even have an air filter in it, and covered leaky fuel line from pump with a rag. Lovely petrol smell throughout the cabin. So I had to rescue the car from more neglect:)

I've searched high and low for an air intake hose which was totally ripped in half. Peugeot no longer supply and online search has been unsuccessful. Does anyone have access to one or know where I can source here. I'm in Brisbane

You saw what Alvadi does - orders them in, OEM, 49 euros. On the other hand, Spareto stays they are no longer supplied.

Alvadi good, but not shipping until mid January. Pipe currently split in half so need to get car driveable. May have to look at alternatives....pod filter etc. Need a good mechanic that can create an alternative system. Any creative guys that can assist here😄

If you really get stuck, the Peugeot Museum in France still makes these parts.

Thanks all. Love the museum idea😄
Tommy Tape seems to have done the trick. I removed air intake which split in half. A bit of epoxy to bind it together. Then a roll of Tommy tape, supposedly is magic tape. A quick fix but at least car is driveable until I get a new part from OS.

received_324352550408288.jpeg

Running without an air filter.
May want to get engine checked out, compressions, oil change, timing belt condition and when changed last or never
Split intake hose maybe one of your smallest issues.

Will do. Popped in air filter in now. Fresh oil and oil filter done. Driving ok, but rough idle. Going to mechanic next week for gasket cover, brakes, new spark plugs. Will get things checked

An update that may help some.

Ordered air intake from a mob in Turkey. Turbohose.com. Total coast 55EUR..so about $90 Aud. Shipping was roughly same as part but sent DHL and got here quick

The 180 is slowly coming back to life. Muffler fixed, new clutch, all new filters, new brakes, new coil pack, new spark plugs, fuel hose fixed. Actually driving well now.

Attachments

• IMG_20240115_180102482.jpg
    IMG_20240115_180102482.jpg
    794.1 KB · Views: 29
Just now need front seats. Any suggestions?

Ideally 180 seats, but are any other seats compatible?