206 Aircon

twm

Fellow Frogger
Hey Guys

Just got a second hand 206cc 2litre - not a bad little ride............

Air con dosnt seem to do anything :(

Cant seem to find anything around the forums so was wondering someone could give me and idea of how to diagnose it and where the realy fuse adn mybe pressure switch havent gone serching as yet but willbe head down tomorrow.

First thing I will do is see if there is 12v at the compressor. Can hear anything happen when I turn it on.

Thanks guys

I’d get it checked for pressure and maybe regassed. I’m pretty sure it won’t run if the pressure is too low. They can check for leaks and won’t regas it unless it will keep pressure.
I did find somewhere in Weatherill park/Smithfield area who regassed mine and did a small amount of diagnosis for less than $100
I could probably dig put their card if it helps?

KB

No I don't. I swapped the condensor and drier over from one vehicle to mine due to minor accident damage; replaced the seals, and then got them to test and regass the system. Its been fine and icy cold since. Obviously my compressor was fine.

You can’t because it’s a high low switch

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
Fix it right the first time

On my daughter's 206, the problem was eventually (after some expense) found to be simply the on/Off switch on the centre console which would randomly switch itself off. naturally this was mid-summer when a) you needed the aircon and b)when the sunlight was so bright you found it hard to distinguish whether the little green light was on or off.

Situation solved by replacing the centre console A/C section with one from the wreckers.

Just a thought

Thanks all

Got it checked today looks like the compressor, was low on gas and when tested it cuts in but does not pump so electrics all ok.
Looks like the compressor is faulty and has a leak. :(

Thanks for the replies

Anyone know the beat place to buy a new one?

There's a place in Melbourne that does mail order.

EAI (possibly but don't quote me). I think they are in the box hill area.
It would be worth ensuring you get the right one by tracking your VIN number against the part number required.

Get a second hand one

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
Fix it right the first time

I actually have one you could have for very little money on the basis that you can fit it, and pay me only if it works.
I pulled it off a car last july or august and its' been sitting since.
I didn't drive the donor car long enough to test the aircon but the rest of the parts I changed over worked, and the former owner never mentioned the aircon was US.