205si upgrades

If you go for a GTI ECU, you will have to deal with new wiring because you will lose the Si ECU driven ignition, so you will have to go GTI dizzy and stuff. Not complex, but does require some study and work. Wiring will not be plug and play. You will also need to change the tacho input or the cluster to a GTI.

Last edited:
If you go for a GTI ECU, you will have do deal with new wiring because you will lose the Si ECU driven ignition, so you will have to go GTI dizzy and stuff. Not complex, but does require some study and work. Wiring will not be plug and play. You will also need to change the tacho input or the cluster to a GTI.

Thanks, I’m just gonna take this off the option list for now then haha

Thanks, I’m just gonna take this off the option list for now then haha

when i looked at putting the dkz management on my si it was just a few wires that needed swapping around on the brown multi plugs to make it work. i still have the dkz ecu, loom, intake manifold, injectors, afm, dizzy etc etc, if your interested in doing that upgrade. i ended up putting 38mm cv zx6r bike carbs on my si which is also another alternative and gives good gains even to a std motor and cam.

i have a tad 99 and could only manage -2 with the timing also, my was originally set to this anyway.

as a cheap option/test you could try a 32/36 weber on the si in place of the mono injection. the spark will still work as long as you keep the crank sensor and map sensor working as normal. i think it helps to give the ecu the correct tps reading also. It will run without it even connected but seems happier when its working. i put a resistor on the Kawasaki tps to give a reading very close to original si one. its only a on/off switch anyway.

after looking at it i think the whole si inlet/efi system is restrictive but you may not get great gains from the weber either with out other mods. by nature the 1.6 motors dont have alot of torque. even now mine is dead below 3500rpm but at 4500 to 6500rpm wakes right up. the next step for me was to fit 1.8 16v crank rods and pistons in std si motor. this makes a high compression 1.8 motor. im only doing it because i have the bits and i like the look of the crank rods and pistons plus more cc,s and stroke.

Have a look on the web for the TAD 99 instructions, better explained there than in the book that comes with it.