205gti wiring

Gar_71

Tadpole
Tadpole
Good morning folks, after finally getting hold of an auto electrician I gave been informed that my best option is to replace my 1987 205gti 1.9 wiring harness as there is a huge amount of repairs already done to it to the point it will be easier and cheaper to replace both internal and external wiring harnesses.

I had read somewhere there was a company that actually made new harnesses in Holland I think however I can't quite remember. Does anyone know where I could get a new internal wiring harness from (under the dash).

My car is running a decent spec with
high compression pistons,
Lightened and balanced bottom end
Bigger valves
High lift cam
Vernier
Twin 45s.

However I plan on swapping the twin 45s for my new throttle bodies and stand alone ecu.

I'm perth based but happy to get somewhere abroad for the right stuff.

You could run an 205 si mono point loom and ecu with the carbs. It will need a 205 crank sensor on the gearbox and a 205 si map sensor to make it work. Pretty much plug and play and does a great job of spark only. Just remove the efi wiring or tape it up as there isn't much there anyway. the ecu still works fine permitting carbs are tuned properly. As far as it knows its still injecting fuel.

Yeah issue is noone will touch the twin 45s especially in a French car here in Perth. I already have all my management and the base harness that comes with the managment. Throttle bodies with the spec will provide a more longterm safer solution to power compared to the twin 45s. I am after a dizzy blank though as I'm gonna run a coilpack instead as well

I take it you're just referring to the ecu harness? If so, and depending on the version, it does contain a few extra things such as the gauges and starter motor. I'd get in touch with a motorsport wiring guru. Give them the old and new ecu harnesses. They will be able to add the additional wiring and provide new connectors etc.

There are two versions of the ecu harness. One picks up gauges & starter before passing through the firewall as one. The other, keeps them separate, with the gauges & starter passing through the firewall near the glove box.