205GTI sunroof

schlitzaugen

1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
Did anyone else notice the sunroof on this car in the for sale section:

Does anyone know if it is factory original?

My car has the same one but these are the only two cars I have seen with it and even though it looks it was done at the factory the fact that it is so rare makes me wonder. My car is 1987, the one for sale is 89.

Years ago when I was discussing adding a sunroof to a non sunroof Peugeot with a technician at Regans, he said they got Hollandia to cut the roof and fit them. Downside was that there were no drains down the A pillar as were the factory fitted ones. No way to disperse the water and keep the channels dry and therefore a potential for rust to form.
If this was a dealer fitted roof worth a look for any sign of corrosion.

Years ago when I was discussing adding a sunroof to a non sunroof Peugeot with a technician at Regans, he said they got Hollandia to cut the roof and fit them. Downside was that there were no drains down the A pillar as were the factory fitted ones. No way to disperse the water and keep the channels dry and therefore a potential for rust to form.
If this was a dealer fitted roof worth a look for any sign of corrosion.

Good info.

My car has two pipes running down the A pillars. Corrosion everywhere and the pipes are blocked, I suspect with muck, rust and dead elephants. I tried to clean them by shoving a steel rod down the pipes but it's rock hard. I would probably need a long auger, coring or spade bit.

Meh. Don't really care. If I go out in the rain, the water just waterfalls in the passenger seat, so not my problem. I just tape it up in winter and open it up in summer. Surprisingly, electrics and mechanisms work very well.