205 Si door latch/lock stuck.

Greggo

Tadpole
Hello Frogs,
Rather than being frustrated over how this door slamming misadventure happened :confused:, I would like to fix it. I cannot shut the door as the latch in the pic refuses to budge from this position. The central locking and door lock does not work, but I have never had a problem shutting the door before. Any advice appreciated.
Greg

Attachments

• 20200518_104714.jpg
    20200518_104714.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 108
Can't you just lever the latch back open with a large screwdriver so it can re-engage with the fitting on the lip of the hatch body?

Need to operate the bear claw latch from handle, by cable or rod to latch itself
They are designed not to open by levering on latch, keep door closed when in an accident and car is being pulled apart
Typical design
bear.jpg
Remove door card and determine what has happened
All I have :(

Hello Frogs,
Rather than being frustrated over how this door slamming misadventure happened :confused:, I would like to fix it. I cannot shut the door as the latch in the pic refuses to budge from this position. The central locking and door lock does not work, but I have never had a problem shutting the door before. Any advice appreciated.
Greg

Hard to see what the picture is of, too close and too dark. I found the recent problem with my 205 latch was the metal lever from the outside lift up handle to the latch was partly seized on its pivot, this is part of the outside handle assembly.

I've had this problem. It just needs some lubrication. Spray WD 40 etc liberally into the mechanism.

Need to take it out and work the WD40 into it, takes a lot of soaking and movement. Not as bad as a 404 brake and clutch pedal though!

Need to take it out and work the WD40 into it, takes a lot of soaking and movement. Not as bad as a 404 brake and clutch pedal though!

The latch is obviously in the 'locked' position to prevent the door opening. That means you cannot just 'lever' it out. I don't know your car but I imagine that the rod from the inside or outside door handle has come adrift. Does your door have an internal door unlock button? Stupid question I know but the most obvious.

I did suspect it to be in a locked position. Yes it has internal door knob _ it is not able to extend up and down. Think the door card is coming off this weekend.

- - - Updated - - -

Dousing in Inox first, thanks for advice.