205 Series 2 15 inch Speedlines

Chipper

Fellow Frogger
Anyone know how difficult these are to get, an approx price as well would be good.

Any of you UK guys know if these are easy to get ex UK?

Again, just looking ATM

Chipper

they're easier to find in the UK but still pretty rare and the current exchange rate is a joke!
I havent heard of any for sale locally, ntoeven many 205's being wrecked and the one in QLD is a Si.
as was suggested to me, maybe try japan?

**** mutter mutter mutter ****

Prolly would have only been a few months back now where I saw a UK motoring program where old cars like Morrie Minor's and the like have been given a mechanical makeover with engines and drivetrains bought up to 20th Century specs.....guess what wheel I saw on 90% of those Morries?

Bloody 15 inch Pug speedlines...

Cmon you buggers, leave some for us !!
wink.gif

Cheers Andreas

If you're that keen, you could try a posting on the Cit BX Bulletin Board in the UK. There are some on there who are always sticking bits of Peugeots on their BX's & a couple who seem to know every French car in any wreckers yard in the UK. Some of their s/h prices over there are dirt cheap whilst others will make your hair curl. One guy from Scotland advertised some wheels (not sure if they're the ones you're after, a couple od days ago for 95 UKP. (appox $300)
May be of some help.

Alan S

http://members4.boardhost.com/citroen_bx/

Here you go Chipper,
I probably shouldn't be doing this but hey- what the hell - It's for a good cause.
This guy has the BX 4X4 website, is easily accessible & may be a good starting point for you.
Aclvkem@aol.com
To: BXcitroen-L@yahoogroups.com
Cc:
Subject: Re: [BXcitroen-L] Alloy wheels for BX19-8v Another idea
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 12:23:31 EST

Message body The body is in part(s) Message Source

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear All

I have fitted Speedline 15 inch Peugeot wheels from a 205 1,9 GTi with
195X50 Michelin Exalto tyres. Perfect fit and look really good! In addition
you can check pad wear without removing wheels. Bought from car breakers
then refurbished.

Leo Kembery UK

XM 3 Ltr and BX 4X4 GTI

Alan S

Alan,

Funny you say that, I have seen a silver BX wagon here in Briso with the same rims..looks a treat...

Now, if I can just wave him down and occupy him while we jack up his car and grab a wheel brace and.....

Cheers Alan
biggrin.gif

Chipper, AA wreckers in auckland have about 8-9 of them. complete set of 5 non-curb'd approx $400 nz no tyres.

Geellystar,

EXCELLENT NEWS MATE !!!

Got an e-mail addy or anything I can work with?

4 hundy NZ bucks for 5 rims sounds perfect.

If you can get me onto them, I'll snap them up.

Dont spose they will trade in 5x14 inch uncurbed rims would they?
wink.gif

Cheers man

Chipper

Geellystar,

I found an address and an e-mail address, sent em a mail but no reply
frown.gif

Can you tell me if this is the right one :

AA Wreckers ** Victoria Road, Onehunga, Auckland? (number taken out to protect the innocent
wink.gif
)

Anyone know what the freight would be from NZ to OZ?

I really want these rims, so any assistance will be appreciated.

Cheers

Chipper