205 rally car build

I must have done something wrong when I installed my Pace system. It doesn't leak!

Like all good project cars, the project isn't dead... just slow. But there has been progress in the many months since the last post... And good progress is happening now.

What is the best way to post photos on this forum? Limit of a few kilobytes isn't easy for photos.

Sent from my Pixel using aussiefrogs mobile app

Like all good project cars, the project isn't dead... just slow. But there has been progress in the many months since the last post... And good progress is happening now.

What is the best way to post photos on this forum? Limit of a few kilobytes isn't easy for photos.

Sent from my Pixel using aussiefrogs mobile app

Speaking of Peugeot rally cars, do you know what became of this 306 maxi replica built in Perth in the early 2000's?

Attachments

• CarOpi61.jpg
    CarOpi61.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 182
It went to Tasmania. I believe it did one Targa in late 2000's and hasn't been seen again? This one had a genuine Peugeot kit afaik. Funnily enough there is a second one recently built like it in Tassie, but a locally made kit.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

This is worth an update here, because the car is now home with me finally to work on a long list of things. Most updates still remain and are being posted of facebook.

IMG_20200531_100033.jpg

IMG_20200531_100046.jpg

IMG_20200530_172634.jpg

Looks awesome!
Will check out the build thread on FB. Whats the expected finish time?

It looks great. Don't forget to strengthen the firewall where the brake & clutch pedals attach. If you decide to fit a pedal box later, that area will crack from the additional force required to push the master cylinder.

It looks great. Don't forget to strengthen the firewall where the brake & clutch pedals attach.
Thanks Peter. Yes, we have welded in a plate on the inside side of the brake booster - and tied it off with a 30mm connecting rod to the rollcage leg. Although I'm also thinking of adding a 30mm rod up to the steering column

It was probably clear from the pictures from June, there was a lot of body work tidy up required from the seam/stitch welding, and even the cage, as the car sat in the workshop for some time after that work was completed.

So I'm sharing what that cleanup looks like. What doesn't come across is how many long hours and weekends this took...

I didn't want to sandblast and expoxy primary again 1) cost and 2) there is more odd welding jobs still to do. This gets the car protected whilst I continue working on it.

IMG_20200606_165142.jpg IMG_20200606_165150.jpg IMG_20200619_144131.jpg

IMG_20200719_152227.jpg IMG_20200719_152338.jpg IMG_20200719_152253.jpg

Last edited:
And i'm about done with body prep at the front of the car - the bay is now epoxy-primered again, so engine and ancillaries mock fit for wiring harness and sump tank brackets is next.

IMG_20201206_120407.jpg

Wonderful work. Looking forward to seeing the end result. Just as an aside the 205GTI car in Dirt Rally 2.0 ( PC game ) is my favourite car to race hands down.