205 parts/wheels wanted

Andreas

Fellow Frogger
firstly i'm after the 15" speedlines which everybody wants, so if you have them forget everybody elses offer and i'll offer you....less
smile.gif

dont need tyres but it's preferable and would like them in good condition, minor scratches/curbing isn't a problem.

also looking for interior bits for an early 205GTi including:
glovebox
centre heater switch surround

Andreas,

You must have bought the 205 gti
I have have all the parts you are after they are in about 10 bits but lol
But if you have some glue it should be stronger than the original crap they made the series 1 dash in
I am going to make one out of FRP and get someone to cover it in leather as i have already put S2 leather seats in
I just ripped everything out as the glovebox was stuffed anyway
S2 dashes are nice and better built but i am going to copy the t16 as that dash was based around the S1

Murat

Murat, I dont have it quite yet, but close
smile.gif

it looks like the manifold is cracked so i think i might aswell go for a turbo kit LOL

Andreas,

Mine is cracked as well but luckily it is the type with the brace to keep it together
Some of the early cars have the manifold without the brace
I figured out why they break it is because of lack of movement in the exhaust joint
Another words it needs a flex joint
I will be making one for mine
You would have seen one it looks like a big stainless braided line
I have welded my original one but it takes a lot of skill to do it i dont think it is worth the trouble
Lucky I only use mine for measurement of the template to cut steel plates

Murat

i'm taking it for a test drive tomorrow and if i'm honest it doesnt look anygood, the respray is poor and it's been in a accident so the panels dont line up as they should.
but that doesnt worry me.
as long as it runs as it's not for me yet anyway.

Andreas

Be carefull with the body especially in the front of the car as you dont want problems with suspention and alignment i would't be to concerned with damage if it has been repaired correctly as mine had a slight nock on the front when i purchased it
I had it checked out because i did not have any experience with with fwd
Mine being red the pigments in red fade the quickest out of all the colors
and it is the most expensive out of the solid colors
But i am completely overhauling the 205
Maybe you should knock him down a lot
especially after he sold the S2 alloys LoL

well being such a small car it's cheaper to have resprayed/repaired anyway i'd assume.
alot less to remove to have a complete respray.
the damage wasnt really noticeable, just the poor respray.

Andreas,

Keep yr grubby mits off "my" set of 15 inch speedlines
wink.gif

My glovebox lid is long gone
frown.gif
Just a few rattly bits of plastic was all that was left of it when I got it, and I think it looks fine without the lid, just like a parcel shelf...

My heater control surround ended up in about 5 pieces, so the superglue came out and its been fine since.

Murat, good idea about getting one done in FRP, let us know how tricky it was to make when you got it done.

Chipper

normally Chipper i'd agree with you but as the car had 15's only a week ago i'm sure it's missing them
rolleyes.gif

it's not just the glovebox lid that's missing, the whole lot is gone, i can live without it for now.
i thought about a series 2 dash swap but after reading throguh some stories on