205 Motorkhana

McPug

Fellow Frogger
Finally! I got my Pug to a motorsport event, after many a failed attempt...

I entered a motorkhana run by the MGCC in "non-marque" class which put me up against a 300ZX twin turbo, a WRX, Morris 1500 and Ford Laser... Haven't got results yet but am quietly confident. The 300ZX would just fry his rear tyres and the WRX had killer understeer whenever he put the power on.

The 205 worked really well on the more open courses where tight steering wasn't such a factor. The tighter tests highlighted how heavy the steering is and my arms hurt a bit today.

I'll await the results.

Got the results...

1 Peugeot 205 158.15
2 Subaru WRX 160.74
3 Nissan 300ZX 167.64
4 Morris 1100 170.3

Go Pug :pugplak:

My time was 10th outright (out of 59 cars), the fastest MG was 140.61

Last edited:
Well done M8.

Nice to see a frog eating rice. What sore of events did you do.
CAm

Well done indeed McPug.

Cal.

Luca said:
Guys what's motokhana?
Definition:
"Motorkhanas are motor sport events designed to test the acceleration, braking and handling of cars and the skill and judgement of drivers. Most importantly, motorkhanas provide fun and enjoyment whilst practising and learning car control. Oversteer and understeer will be found in abundance, but at safe speeds under controlled conditions"

:D

Luca said:
Guys what's motokhana?

You drive around witches hats as quickly as possible, usualy only 1st gear speeds. Handbrake turns are useful... I've got some videos of me doing just this but I don't think you can upload 4-5mb files??

Luca said:
Email them 2 me dude... i'd love 2 see it!

I clicked on the email thing on the profile but it doesn't let you attach files?

pm me your email and I'll send it if you like. :headbang:

when i get ADSL in the next couple of weeks (have put in the order to testra) somone could send it to me and i could upload it on some webspace. on the other hand somone on 56k could do it, it would take a couple of hours

hi scott,

just came across this thread, mate.

faarrk, youre a giant killer, man. well done.

havent checked out the files yet.

having a "shitty glorified barina" blow their doors off to a galaxay far far away, tell us, what were their reactions?
betcha youve got a grin thats longer than dolly partons cleavage, ey?:mallet:

and you were gonna sell the gti... tsk, tsk.