1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
Any ideas what this is off. Sounds great

Attachments

• IMG_20170927_151045220.jpg
    IMG_20170927_151045220.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 343
Whats a staintune? There is a sicker on rear window that says staintune

Staintune make stainless steel motorcycle exhausts, of course. They're made in Australia and are of a high quality. Had them on many a motorcycle, always sounded good. Could you post a video of the exhaust sound? I'm interested.

Motorcycle exhausts can work on a car. Here's a Harley Davidson (chrome) muffler on my R10. (since replaced)

Henry

Attachments

• P1020756 (copy).jpg
    P1020756 (copy).jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 242
Dammit, I coulda bought the baffles off a new duke the other day for next to nothing, why didn't I think of that???!
Termogoni I think..

Could you post a video of the exhaust sound? I'm interested.

Me too! This would be a nice relatively lightweight rear muffler! It would last well too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
ive got video but unsure on how to broadcast it? i dont see any options on AF for .MP4

Thanks for uploading it! Does sound good, but not too noisy! A little bit of a crackle too.

Now all the OP needs is mikuni carbs off an R1 :banana:
Motorcycle parts on cars - is there a term for it?

They have been building cyclecars for over a hundred years but they seem to be more bike than car. Maybe a carcycle?

Any ideas what this is off. Sounds great
Hi djvu205 :)
I have a similar muffler I bought s/h some years ago cheap 'just in case'. I pulled it out today but it is not exactly the same as yours. It has on it "Yamaha 5EB, and e13" So if that helps at all ?? Looks like it could be off a V twin by the shape of the attached inlet pipe.
Cheers Jaahn

Staintunes were a popular choice for the Yamaha TRX 850 parallel twin,
in my opinion one of the best bikes they've ever made.

Now all the OP needs is mikuni carbs off an R1 :banana:
Motorcycle parts on cars - is there a term for it?

I had the opposite - Ducati were putting Lancia carbies on their bikes for a while - not a great solution !

A mate had a carbon Staintune pipe on his Moke for a while - that worked nicely !

Cheers

Justin