205 Legal Race Bucket Seat

run205

Fellow Frogger
Tadpole
Am considering putting in a good and APPROVED race bucket seat
currently using refurbished original seat which is ok
previously used a great little OMP seat in my 205 when in sydney
I'd be using it now but did some checking and although not positive, it seems to not meet aust design regulations

drive my car everyday so it needs to be approved for road use, and comfortable, and work with a regular OE seatbelt
(not for track racing as I've never done any)
any experience with these or tips welcome

Attachments

• bucket1.jpg
    bucket1.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 50
  • bucket3.jpg
    bucket3.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 41
  • bucket2.jpg
    bucket2.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 56
SAAS and Autotecnica make ADR approved racing seats as well.
I'm fairly sure for (legal) road use, If the original seat/s titled forward to permit rear seat access the replacement/s has/have to as well?
Not sure if all racing bodies are doing it, but Willowbank recently started cracking down on "expired" safety gear, helmets, harnesses, seats etc.

thanks
will look at velo and autotecnica
although if that first seat is any indication, the prices will stop me going further

has anyone improved an original 205 seat frame somehow ?

Check out tilt forward seats in all the small Asian imports, should find something to fit

Some years back I bought a pair of 'JTM-Auto' cloth seats that tilt forward & are ADR compliant, the Ref No. on mine 'RO181a.' They weren't big $$, They're not particularly 'bucketty' but they may do other models more so.

The sequel is after going to the bother of buying them, fab'ing up some frames to fit them into my 404 the club inspector refused me at the next historic rego inspection for them not being 'period accessory,' apparently the ripped originals with the misshapen stuffing barely contained by cheap nylon seat covers are infinitely preferable 😵‍💫