205 Headlights

106 Rallye

Fellow Frogger
I've just bought a '92 205 GTI and am sorting out the niggly things. The headlights work OK but they're not very impressive and I'm thinking of putting in some better bulbs (standard wattage .. which I think is 55/60).

Can anyone recommend a good brand of extra bright H4s that are easy to get hold of?

Thanks
Jon

106 Rallye said:
I've just bought a '92 205 GTI and am sorting out the niggly things. The headlights work OK but they're not very impressive and I'm thinking of putting in some better bulbs (standard wattage .. which I think is 55/60).

Can anyone recommend a good brand of extra bright H4s that are easy to get hold of?

Thanks
Jon

Try OSRAM Plus 50's or NARVA +50's..think they are the same (both are xenon gas chraged) and there is a small improvement, dont get the fake blue ones or any thing that says "blue tint for bright white light" they simply dull the light emmitted from the bulb. I installed the OSRAMS and they were $24 from Auto One..PS also check that all the wiring has good insulation and contact points to make sure all the voltage is getting through

or put some 100/90 watt globes in (not technically legal, but does bring old fashioned lights like that up to modern brightness - just ensure they are aligned properly to avoid pissing too many people off ;) ). Just make sure the wiring will cope, as it does put a bit of stress on the headlight switch, and it may not let enough power through. If in doubt, install relays.

I've got 100/90 blue tinted bulbs and 70 in the spotlights and they light up the night very nicely ;) No probs runnin these any good auto store will stock them, can't remember the brand i bought cost about $40 for the headlights and $30 for the spots.