205 GTi S1 & 2

Murat,

The guy I bought my Pug from has suggested the 309 subframe is at least a couple of inches wider in the rear track at most, but should bolt straight up (?).

How far out will the T16 kit sit from the wheel arches?

Chipper

Chipper,

Thanks for giving me an approx figure as if it is two inches at worst and i put one inch wider rims than factory it will pass the engineers,Because i think because we are not running a fully independant suspention but rather semi independent we can put one inch wider rims, Anyway chipper the politics is full of shit and slows me down, while there is cars blowing smokescreens and that are so full of rust yet know one gives a rats ass.
If somebody can get the exact width of rear track on the 309 it would be of great help or if anyone knows if the 306 can be made to fit i know it is a lot of hassle but i am willing to do the work as that is the only way to be safe with the papers in the glovebox.

Murat

Murat,
leave the std. brain where it is and hide the Haltech somewhere else. It's easy to integrate the wiring into the harness.

PeterT,

I tell you what it would be worth the effort and i just might do that in the end.
Peter i will 7-8 psi boost on this setup but i will most likely setup a HalTec
fuel&ignition computer if i go ahead with the cast iron 2L engine turbo or i will go back to a rwd maybe a 505,504,or even a skyline we have our freind doing 13 sec flat standard computer with cosworth pistons the only thing we have added to it.I doubt i will be able to sell the 205 once it is turbo though.

Murat

Murat,

There's a couple of turbo charged V6 505s going around Melbourne. A friend of mine had a ride in one, it was only single turbo and 3-speed auto, but he said it was quite impressive riding around Mt Buffalo in it. If you look on the Vic club website, it is the red 505 in the motorsports section. I heard he decided on the single turbo and auto gearbox after he had blown up a number of manuals when it was twin turbo.

I have seen a supra/celica 5 speed adapted to a Peugeot V6 and fitted to a 504. It requires quite a bit of modification to the rear of the gearbox so that it will bolt up to the tailshaft housing tube.

Personally, I prefer the Chrysler 2.2 litre engine that was fitted to the genuine 505 turbos, over the PRV V6 engine. It seems to be a better design. The most power and torque ever put through a production Peugeot RWD drivetrain was the Peugeot motorsport 505 turbo, which had 200hp and 275Nm, so I guess that around 300 Nm is probably the reliability limit of the drivetrain, which shows why the guy with the twin turbo V6 kept braking things. Above 300Nm I think some other gearbox/tailshaft/diff/driveshafts would have to be used (like toyota/lexus, skyline or jaguar). 504 V6 rally cars which use the same basic drivetrain as the 505 turbo (but with different ratios), had 240hp and 245Nm, using two triple throat webers on the PRV V6.

I think a 505 with a 406 3.0 litre V6 with twin turbos, and a supra or skyline gearbox and diff would be an awesome weapon.

Dave

David,

Just read your post it is nice to see that you are dedicated to these cars i realy enjoyed reading your posts my veiw about these cars 504,505 is the 504 has the classical nice look to it while the 505 is a very nicely built car more modern in looks while both are solidly built cars I dont know a lot about these cars and 300nm is not to be taken lightly as the porche gearbox had that exact limit untill they intruduced a oil cooler to make it survive above 300nm
It is amazing that you were thinking of the 406 3L v6 it would be nice to twin turbo one
I am always thinking of slotting things in cars my friend has just put a tremec t55 i think the code is same gearbox they use in new supercharged jags chev commondores corrvettes and other exotics in his cl 770 charger turbo 11.9 sec 112mph it gives him an overdrive and handles 450nm, There is also a box they call a TKO handles 600nm if i needed a gearbox i would look at the beutifull all alloy supra turbo 5 speed $1500
compared to $2700 my freind payed Thanks for the info as i just might buy one soon they are very cheap if you are not scared of a little work.

Murat

Murat,

I was going to make this another post about 504/505s and modifying them, but I've decided to start a new thread dedicated to this topic. There's already 20 odd posts under this 205 GTi thread.

Dave

Hmmm, so it seems shipping a uk engine over would be easier than farting around with fixing the australian variant. Talk about your pains in the ass...

Of course, could always just go to the 16v..