205 GTi Indicators

pottsy

Citroen Loony & BMC Nutter.
VIP Paid Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
Herewith my problem and a couple of questions.

First, anyone got a good pair of these? I have 2 pairs. 1 pair has broken lenses, the other the lenses are reasonable, but dull. I'd rather replace if possible. Haven't searched for new yet, or even canvassed the well known wreckers. Call me lazy, I've been busy.

Second possibility. Anyone had any success polishing these? I assume progressively finer grades of wet&dry and a final run with polishing compound? Not sure how this will go on French plastic though.

Keen to hear your experiences Chaps & Chappettes.

Cheers, Pottsy

I don't have any, but do you want orange or clear? Ebay is easy for new.

Thanks Peter. I'll get the car's owner on to it. Nothing he likes more than a rummage on eBay!

You can polish anything, even a turd. Results depend on effort but eventually they degrade again. Mainly because of the UV. There are a lot of snake oil type solutions to that but I haven't tried any. I am sure there is something (some coating) you can use with success (long term UV protection) but I don't know what that is. Factory coating must be good because it lasts longest. Aftermarket products have mixed reviews and none lasts as long (re-coating every 6 months in my view is another way of saying the product is crap).

If only someone with insider knowledge were open to bribery.

I have polished the headlights on my cars on a few occasions but the results are short lived without a UV resistant coating. What the heck was wrong with glass?!