205 GTI Clutch

neilc

VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
It seems the clutch and pressure plate have gone in my 89 205 GTI sprint car. Is the Valeo offered ok to use or should I be looking at another brand, I see Exidy and Bluesteele offer kits as well?

I have a later flywheel one with 60-2 teeth for later model gti, are they able to be skimmed, is there any issue with bolting onto my model DFZ engine

Hi Neil,
Valeo is same as OEM so good to get if you can and normally stocked by EAI and others locally (I have a spare aftermarket unit here is you run into trouble). The later flywheel will go on the early engine no problem, you just need to remember to mark TDC for your early engine timing marker reference. And the timing indicator will need slight alteration as it interferes with the later flywheel. PeterT link here will help..... Finding TDC

Skimming is fine, just need to go to a workshop experienced so that they know to replicate the step on the face.
cheers
Craig

Thanks Craig the step you refer to is the step between the outer ring where the pressure plate bolts and the inner ring where the clutch plate mates