205 GTI 'Classics' - Where are they now?

4A8BCC13-2948-4B09-BFD3-4BEF27BBB97B.jpeg

B69E15C0-37DB-4622-B997-163BF04DE139.jpeg

Forgive me for the numerous replies. Not sure whether I have attached the pics correctly as they seem to have ended up as urls! Perhaps a moderator could tidy it up?

I saw classic number 25 at classic cars and coffee last sunday. She is alive and registered. Needs some panel work.

Also correction on my 21.. i have never put it up for sale. And wont! Lol i love my classic. Recently put a brand new, original cat back exhaust

There was a mayerling green 205 for sale recently but it wasnt a Classic. Maybe thats what that refers to.

I saw classic number 25 at classic cars and coffee last sunday. She is alive and registered. Needs some panel work.

Also correction on my 21.. i have never put it up for sale. And wont! Lol i love my classic. Recently put a brand new, original cat back exhaust.

Thanks. I have updated and corrected the table at the start of this thread.

Thanks. I have updated and corrected the table at the start of this thread.

Can confirm number 25 is still alive and was at Cars and Coffee, as I'm the present owner...Sadly, the comments about needing panel work are accurate - if anyone knows a decent panel beater in Perth, let me know!

Car is currently in the workshop having its air con system looked at.

A slow journey to bring it back to glory, but it drives well with only 140,000km on the clock.

Hi Eli, i didnt see you on sunday, would have loved a chat.

I would recommend Schonhut Panel and paint for your classic repairs. They are in Osborne Park.

I wrote this here last night but it seems to have disappeared..

Number 26 for sale on Facebook for $15k....
210k uses water......

Last edited:
Younger by a single digit!

Would this be imported into NZ correct? ie NZ didn’t have any classics did they?

Yep. Sad time but moving OS soon forces sale. Very tempted to take it with me.

just store it here.... if you can find a cost efficient spot. that's what I did whilst living in Asia..... does give you an extra itch though :)