205 GTI 'Classics' - Where are they now?

Classic 13 (VF320CDK225281304) NSW plate XKX-830 was on Carsales a couple of days ago. $44,000(?) gone now, though was shown Asking $40,000 marked "sold" June 2021(?) on Just Cars.

I saw it was withdrawn for sale today, so assume a sale has occurred.

Hopefully the owner will respond here.

I'm in the market for a Classic and this would have been perfect.

Updated #13. Can anyone confirm if this car was actually sold?

#3Back in Feb ’06 was in Melbourne owned by “Thomas James” on this site
#5In Sydney - Belongs to 'Classic no 5' on this site - second owner, owned since 2006. As at July '13 had 307K on clock. In 2016 it was still standard there were plans for restoration with a 306gti6 supercharged engine. That doesn't seem to have progressed.
#7Possibly exported to New Zealand? In 2015, autotrader.co.nz carried an advertisement for "205 GTi Classic 1.9, limited edition, no. 7 of 30" in Howick, Manukau, Auckland for NZD9,000 with a mileage of 199,000.
#9Also in Sydney. Owned by ‘Walshy’ on this site from Sept ’05 to April '18. As at Sept ’13, approx. 178ish kms on clock. Warm 8V motor and battery relocated to boot. For more info see: http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/peugeot-forum/27556-walshy-back.html#post1198211. In April 2018, purchased by Cam85 on this site in Randwick, Sydney. Cam brought it back to good condition and original spec and resold it in late 2021. Was advertised again in April 2022.
#10As at 4/3/16, sighted in a workshop in Christchurch, NZ
#11Purchased in mid 2012 by a well known PCC NSW member in Broke in the Hunter Valley (user name ‘wetsleeve’ on AF) to be restored.
#12As at 4 September 2013 owned by RI88IT on forum and somewhere in NSW. Missing side stickers but looking in beautiful condition!
#13In Sydney. Offered for sale on Aussiefrogs in April 2012 for $24,000. Claimed 58,000km. Doesn’t seem to have sold and vendor never posted again, but still owned the car in April '14 as he contacted Gezza about it.
Offered for sale again on Carsales in January 2023 for $44,900. Car appeared to be in beautiful condition. Ad was taken down after one day - presumably sold?
#14Previously owned by JR20516V in Brisbane. JR purchased the car from Victoria. He sold it with 56,000km on the clock on 23/12/05 to a buyer on the Gold Coast who would appear to have removed the leather interior and swapped it for a green half leather interior and swapped the correct door cards for green door cards at the same time. The car has also had a fairly basic respray at some point and presumably lost the correct 'Classic' badges at the same time. The car was sold to an owner in Shoalhaven around 2009 who claims to have done only 400km in the 5 years he owned it. In July '14 it was for resold unregistered for $9,500 with 102,000k on clock to 'Rossi' on this forum.
#15Appears to be in SA(?). Shannons Club Said to be from Adelaide, in the same family since 1998, around 82,000km as at 1/3/13
#16Sydney car. First registered on 27 Feb 95, making it the second last 205 registered in Australia according to VFACTS. First registered to Peugeot Concessionaires then sold through wholesalers until sold to its first private owner in September 95. One owner from 1995 to 2012, when purchased by Richard W for $9,500 with 84,000km on clock. Car was in good condition when purchased by Richard but had been off the road for about 7 years while the owner was in France. It was therefore recommissioned and refreshed by Richard - new suspension bushes, rebuilt rear beam, any damaged or missing badges replaced, upholstery repaired, some panels resprayed etc. Sold to a collector in Mossman, Sydney (owner of the 'Camnet' business) in December 2014 for $14,500 with 89,500k on the clock .
#17Advertised for sale in April 2018 in New Zealand. Claimed at the time to be a two owner car, 124k. Appeared to be in nice condition but missing the stickers.
#18Car owned since the 90's (from new?) by the ex NSW Labor state politician, Laurie Brereton. Car sighted in Kensington in May 2022 with 161k on the clock and in good condition. Dash and original leather all seemed in good condition; still with original stereo; looked like original paint in good condition.
#21Previously owned by 'Lawrence' from this site in Bairnsdale (Victoria). Was then apparently a 2 owner car. As at December 2014 had done 146,000km. Offered for sale on this site in July 2013, asking at the time over $10k, and then again a couple of times until purchased by 'Deltone' (Luca) on this site in July 2016 and shipped to Perth. Luca fitted lowered Gaz suspension, but otherwise appears original and in good condition other than paint going off on the roof.
In May 2022, offered for sale for $34,000 with 149,064km on the clock.
#22Owned by 'Hicho' from this site in Canberra – ex Sydney car purchased by Hicho in November 2012. Before that it was traded through the Jalope Shoppe in Sydney in June 2004. GTi-6 conversion in July ’13
#23Adelaide car. Offered for sale in Jan 2015 by 'zitane' on this forum. Claimed to have 2 owners (first 'till 2004) and travelled 189,000 kms. Resprayed in 2011. No information about service history. As at early 2015, external trims, interior, engine bay all looking a little unloved.
#25Purchased by Gezza on this forum in Perth in 2013 with 124k on the clock and needing a little love. One owner from 1994 til Gezza bought. Gezza claimed this one was a keeper, but sold it in Feb 2014 (http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/cars-sale-wanted/109142-205-gti-classic-low-kms-number-25-30-a.html ). Spotted at a classic cars and coffee in February 2020 - alive and registered but comment made it 'needs some panel work'.
#26Appears to have been exported to New Zealand. Advertised for sale in NZ in April 2020 for NZD15,000. Vendor claimed at that point to have owned the car for the past 13 years. Was purchased by a buyer in the UK. As at February 2021, was in the UK awaiting restoration (see post #161 above)
#27Sold by Rowley Pym ('arcadiagp' on eBay) in Sydney in Oct 2014 for $3650, Ad showed mileage of 228,829km. The interior looked a little tired with seats gone hard and cracked dash. Photos (albeit low res) otherwise looked presentable. Purchased by RobK in the UK (who also owns a mint UK 1FM Limited Edition 205 GTi) and a partner who have restored the car. Has been displayed at UK car shows.
#28Sydney car. Claimed to have had one owner from '94 to '95 or '96 and then stayed in the one family until October 2015, by which time it had 132,000k on the clock. Most of that time was owned by a doctor. After he died in 2004, his daughters kept the car but didn't drive much, hence the low k's. In 2015 paint was faded and servicing had been neglected, but it was a very straight original car. Purchased by VC205 on this forum in October 2015. Resprayed in mid 2016 and minor items cleaned up. Now beautiful and living in Randwick, Sydney.
#29According to ng850 - “Somewhere in Melbourne”
#30Owned for many years by 'Izequel' in Sydney. Off the road from at least Sept 2012 to 2019 after a light hit to the front after rear-ending a ute. Sold in Feb 2019.
Other cars:

• One classic sold in Adelaide in June(?) 2012 – very original but needing a bit of love. Believed to have stayed in Adelaide but number unknown
  • A certain club sponsor known to have dismantled one with only 78,000k on the clock – number unknown.
  • According to VFACTS, there were 3 205's sold in 1995. #16 was the second last sold, being sold on 27 Feb '95. The very last was sold in May '95 - Does anyone know which one that is?

I owe #6.

Bought it from a lady in Victoria back in 2006-ish for around $11k.

Currently in storage awaiting restoration, which I hope to start later this year.

I owe #6.

Bought it from a lady in Victoria back in 2006-ish for around $11k.

Currently in storage awaiting restoration, which I hope to start later this year.
Wow - we now have at least a snippet of information on 23 out of 30 of the cars.

If you paid $11k for this car back in 2006, it should have been a pretty nice car? That was pretty top money back then. Does it need restoration, or just recommissioning?

Is this it?
Yes that is the car now for sale by consignment at-
Believed to still be owned by member in post 186.

A new company owned by former partners of https://classicthrottleshop.com who had (imo) some over the most overpriced cars in Aust.

Hey boys,

Zitane here, owner of no. 23. Just letting you all know that 23 is back up for sale.

6 yrs overseas and 3 kids now and the wife has said the cars has to go for the Reno plans.

Long story short, the car has declined markedly from when I last posted. Engine still top notch, but asthetically the pain has worn etc. No extra milage since my last post, but my in laws did not garage the car while I was away. Painful a.f. to see when I got back to be honest when I got back, but Id rather send her off to someone who knows what's up and can take of the car.

Msg me if you guys were keen.

Mods: apologies if this isn't the right forum to advise this, just wanted to provide an update.