205 A/C wiring loom

ng850

Fellow Frogger
Askin' for a friend... no really, a UK buddy is attempting to re-instate A/C on a UK spec S3/Phase 2 205 GTi where the A/C has been hacked about by previous owners.

One of the things he is after is the A/C wiring loom and as you would expect these are quite rare in UK/Europe.

So a couple of questions for those that have played in this area of the wiring.

1. Is the A/C loom quite separate from the main loom wiring?

2. Is it just one loom or is it a number of looms? Clutch/Drier/Idle Control

3. Does anyone have any old A/C looms available?

Cheers

Well that's one of the questions. Is the A/C loomage separate to the main loom.

Some markets like Australia, the A/C was standard whilst in others it was an option. I don't know if this would make any difference to the integration of the A/C loom... I would think not.

Any Australian 205 would have an A/C loom in some form.

I have a complete series 1 loom....maybe its in that ??

Yes, they do, and it's not entirely separate from the main loom, because it has some connection to the radiator fans and the heater blower system and the idle. I didn't manage to trace mine (S1 GTI) so I pulled everything out and removed the A/C completely. Couldn't find a wiring diagram and because my car had been messed with quite badly (especially the electrics) I couldn't reverse engineer it either.

If it’s a S3 he could probably use SI A/C loom... I’m not sure if they’re a separate loom just for the A/C or where it intergrates in to the body/ engine loom, but I have an SI that I’ll likely be pulling apart in the near future, so if nobody else comes up with anything I could have a oook then.
Wouldn’t be much to a loom for an A/C in one of those cars though if it needed to be added in.

Hi angru, not that familiar with the intricacies of the Si engine, but the different EFI system might mean the throttle bypass solenoid activated by the A/C is different with consequently different wiring... maybe not by much.