203C - Perfect!

A fellow I know in Alberta Canada has just arranged to save one of the oldest known "official" Canadian imported 203s, also a 1955 model. It's rusty but should be restored in the coming years.

Wow! Dan you really need to get Belle finished to that standard so we can go cruising. Come to think of it Belle is quite good as she is now as I can attest.

They'd make a nice couple.

b54143a479917a9a2868a02ed3f5c639.jpg

Last edited:
Graham,

The 404 (Keith) is very close. I am sure you will understand the frustration I am experiencing at the moment. All the little things that have been overlooked, are causing annoying time delays. Waiting on a new light switch from Germany, means the steering column and dash can't be installed fully. Fuel pump issues.... Plus a few other things like that.

Once Keith is sorted, the work will begin on Belle in earnest. Conservatively, I have 90% of the required parts to restore her.

And yes, going cruising sounds like a grand idea.

Dano

Last edited:
Last edited:
my tu-tone 203 file shows around 40 different attempts, only a few i'ld concede

The price on the black one looks a bit suspect. I think he left 10,000 Euros off. The grey one looks pretty original overall but it has been repainted. The under bonnet area should be in primer with a body number stenciled on the right hand inner side. And in the process the heater hoses seem to have caught some overspray!

There was 203 done like this in Canberra in the 1980s. Don't know who owned it - but I saw it a few times at Peugeot Association events.

Yes I had bought it for my son and used it until I gave it to him for his 18th birthday (he was after all born at 2.03pm on 5 March) and it was a 1949 model. He sold it to a bloke up near Windsor N.S.W. a few days after I gave it to him as he was short of money at Uni and didn't drive a manual vehicle and almost 20 years on still doesn't drive manual vehicles. Often wondered where it is now.

FLASH

I'll stand corrected, but I am sure I read somewhere that all 203's were only offered in one solid colour. Any variants of that are resprays.

Dano

The Peugeot paint list for the 203 does not specify dual paint schemes for any year or variant. They are absent from photographs of the plant or of vehicles being delivered. The Australian assemblers followed French paint schemes with some variations. Dual paint schemes were common with commercials or promotional cars but were added by the purchaser. Black guards were a common and distinctive feature on company vehicles.

Yes I had bought it for my son and used it until I gave it to him for his 18th birthday (he was after all born at 2.03pm on 5 March) and it was a 1949 model. He sold it to a bloke up near Windsor N.S.W. a few days after I gave it to him as he was short of money at Uni and didn't drive a manual vehicle and almost 20 years on still doesn't drive manual vehicles. Often wondered where it is now.

FLASH

Hadn't known it was your car Flash. I always admired it in that colour scheme. How lucky your son was to be given that car - and how sad that he just sold it! Hope the new owner appreciated it.

Ian.