203 project

Welcome. While i am separated from my 203/s by many miles and years i can speak for a couple of my old friends working on theirs in Northern NSW and ( being presumptuous ) on behalf of historically active forum members like Commerciale, Dano, James Gelido, Martin Kropik, Luthier and Russell Hall - and many more - who are going to be interested in what you have, exactly, and how you define project.
Amongst others, those listed have all made many posts you might find instructive.
Additionally, the 'Amoureux 203 403' mob are worth working out how to join, even with no french language skills ...

Last edited:
Amazing that of only 10,000 cars sold 65 years ago examples should still be turning up. Fifty years ago so many were in the wreckers yards it seemed they would soon be extinct. Now if we had some of those wreckers yards today, particularly the big one at Miners Rest that used to do up 203 commercials and put them back on the road.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Aussiefrogs Jarrett! Plenty of great people here willing to share the engineering wonder that is the 203 :cool:

Started my project just over 2 years ago, with practically no engine and substantial rust issues. Thanks largely to the gurus here, I now have a running and restored 203c.

Attachments

• 203 original.jpg
    203 original.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 159
  • peugeot 203 galston.jpg
    peugeot 203 galston.jpg
    1,008.6 KB · Views: 161
  • 203 rear 1.jpg
    203 rear 1.jpg
    393.1 KB · Views: 152
  • 203 side 2.jpg
    203 side 2.jpg
    558.1 KB · Views: 168
Welcome to the wonderful world of Aussiefrogs Jarrett! Plenty of great people here willing to share the engineering wonder that is the 203 :cool:

Started my project just over 2 years ago, with practically no engine and substantial rust issues. Thanks largely to the gurus here, I now have a running and restored 203c.
Thanks bit of a journey a head looking forward to it yours looks awesome inspiring..

i recall some 45 years ago, calling into Barry Stennets place out of Towoomba, to get some parts for my brothers 403 ,they had the crusher truck there taking away most of the 203 wrecks ,we were stunned , the guy in the yard said it was a pity, but they needed the room !

Thanks bit of a journey a head looking forward to it yours looks awesome inspiring..
Where about are you at I'm sunny coast
How about some pics Jarrett
Sorry new to forms just trying to work it all out
20201206_152410.jpg
20201206_152410.jpg

Chassis number? Most probably 1949 production if RHD. Should have exposed tube front seats and twin external boot handles. Pictures please.

Chassis number? Most probably 1949 production if RHD. Should have exposed tube front seats and twin external boot handles. Pictures please.
20201206_152410.jpg

Any info is good info would just like to return it to a weekend cruiser keep as close to original is my goal..

Nice find. Interesting steering column. What are your plans, a full restoration or tidy up and keep it as is?

Cheers

Dano
Full resto strip down dustless blast see what we got & go for it...have the original steering wheel

Note the grille modification to take the driving lamps as on the convertible. This was a modification seen on French 203's.

Attachments

• peugeot1956203cabd.jpg
    peugeot1956203cabd.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 122
My 203 sedan had a similar cast flash on the front guard and it was a early '50 with the French over riders and bumper's
in the part metal and stainless steal type. The front seats were fully covered although the back arm rest seams difference on yours's.
The 403 steering column and 203C tail lights makes for a safer drive.