203 Oil Bath Air Air Cleaner Hoses Now Available

Commerciale

Fellow Frogger
Further to an earlier post on this subject, Dano and I have sponsored a run of these previously unobtainable hoses by Mackay Rubber - a reputable Australian manufacturer. We are most impressed with the quality of hoses, which are indistinguishable from the originals. As a service to Aussiefrogs and Peugeot Club members we've agreed to sell them at cost. I might add that this does not include the cost of tooling which we will absorb.

Numbers are limited and our cost price is $55 each. Postage for one to anywhere in Australia will be $11.30 or $15.05 for two. I can quote for larger numbers if required. If they don't all sell in the near future I'll be listing them on Ebay at a higher price to canvass international interest.

This is probably your last chance to replace that daggy old hose or inauthentic lash-up on your otherwise pristine 203. Of course those with a 403 engine conversion need not apply. Please send me a PM for payment details ASAP - the hoses are currently taking up valuable real estate which I'd like back.

Unfortunately the images I have are too large to post here. However I can send them to an email address if anyone is interested.

Tony

Open the images in the viewer on your computer and save them as JPEG. You will be asked to select a quality - reduce greatly, even to 50%, and save under a new name. (Don't clobber your existing file). The viewer will depend on your operating system, but they all can do this.

P1010800 (2).JPG
P1010798 (2).jpeg

We should engage Mackay to do full set of old Pugs and DS/CXs and other unobtainable hoses as we know their quality compared to say ordering from Latvia of unknown rubber quality.

Thats a fantastic outcome, impressive (y)

Thanks Pete. However you need to remove the white label! Also, the printing can be easily removed with a little lacquer thinner. And a quick wipe with Armor All will finish the job.

Enjoy

Tony

Further to an earlier post on this subject, Dano and I have sponsored a run of these previously unobtainable hoses by Mackay Rubber - a reputable Australian manufacturer. We are most impressed with the quality of hoses, which are indistinguishable from the originals. As a service to Aussiefrogs and Peugeot Club members we've agreed to sell them at cost. I might add that this does not include the cost of tooling which we will absorb.

Numbers are limited and our cost price is $55 each. Postage for one to anywhere in Australia will be $11.30 or $15.05 for two. I can quote for larger numbers if required. If they don't all sell in the near future I'll be listing them on Ebay at a higher price to canvass international interest.

This is probably your last chance to replace that daggy old hose or inauthentic lash-up on your otherwise pristine 203. Of course those with a 403 engine conversion need not apply. Please send me a PM for payment details ASAP - the hoses are currently taking up valuable real estate which I'd like back.

Unfortunately the images I have are too large to post here. However I can send them to an email address if anyone is interested.

Tony
Hi Tony can I buy three please
Cheers
John Travers

Hi John
Please ring me on (02)62549203 after 11 am and I'll give you my email address for bank details etc.

Thanks

Tony

A warning to all those still contemplating their need, current or future, for one of these hoses. We only have two left after counting sales and commitments. If you want one get in now as I doubt that another run (minimum of 30) will be forthcoming.

Thanks to all who bought hoses and for their kind words of appreciation.

The following is a snippet from a facebook message, between myself and a hose purchaser in France.

The filter is original, came from a Renault colorale but identical with those in Africa and Australia. The instructions were reissued as a sticker to go around the top in SA about 20 years ago and the PCC of SA gave me one. Now with a real hose I will have to probably move the mounting one or two cms, we shall see!

Mine has had a botch up of various rad hoses and steel insert for 25 years

1671433779221.png

Interesting what turns up from time to time

Cheers,

Dano

Last edited:
And only two left. This is your last chance to get unobtainium. Probably too late as a Christmas present but a hose could make someone's New Year.

As this post has now slipped to page two its probably time to point out that I only have ONE hose left. Get in now or you'll miss out forever.

Tony
Hello Tony, I would like to buy one of these hoses. if they are still available can you please send me details for payment. Regards Matthew Jones French Car Clib Canberra