203 ANNIVERSARY REWIND TO BUNDANOON 22 - 23 OCT. '88.

How many of the cars are still about? More to the point, how many of the drivers?
The roll call on 23 OCT.'88 with first names, car Rego. No. Anyone out there who can fill in those few ????? name spots from the roll call?
Pino. YRF-203. A.C.T.
Dennis. YRC-212. A.C.T.
Peter. YON-203. A.C.T.
????? YOL- 513. A.C.T.
????? 104 HIST. A.C.T.
Carolyn. CE-203. A.C.T.
Dennis. DE-203. VIC.
????? RD-203. VIC.
????? HRY-203. VIC.
Kevin. GMC-238. VIC.
????? Q.681-943. Qu.
Tim. TIM-203. N.S.W.
Carlton. CJ-203. N .S.W.
Norm. NS-203. N.S.W.
John. MOK-183. N.S.W.
Ross. RJM-203. N.S.W.
Geoff. ARZ-454. N.S.W.
Gary. GN-403. N.S.W.
Gary. HOT-203. N.S.W.
Keith. OIL-790. N.S.W.
Geoff. PUG-208. N.S.W.
Keith. BLUE RACER. N.S.W.
Lainey. LA-712. N.S.W.
Rob. OS-244. N.S.W.
Lew. LO-203. N.S.W.

Last edited:
Well, I can say I've got one............but I'm locked up in Melbourne in Dan's "Ring of Steel." Car is longer 'French Blue' but now fully restored in a period correct burgundy. Renamed "Poubelle" and sporting my father's 1956 original rego plates. If you communicate with "Lewmax" or read Torque you may even know a bit about her. Reno. Just about finished after five years of labour and expenditure........... Next time I'll just buy another MG! ;)Sorry I can't make the reunion and would like to come up for the drive. Blame that bloody virus (or the Premier if your politics are of the blue kind!) If you make it.......have fun!

Is that the ex LA-712 rego car ?

Maldon 2001 203's. Reg, driver, passenger. These are Gordon's notes.
GMC 238 Kevin Baker / June Baker
297 Ian Brock
008 Jeff Dance / Pauline Dance
JLE 203 Robert East / Judith East
CH0257 Lynton Fletcher
? Malcolm Goodwin /Steven Goodwin, Geoff Morgan, Mark Campbell
CH3852 Russell Hall / Byron Hall
AJH 203 Tony Howman
KWY 504 Graham Lewis /Barbara Lewis
TWO 03A John Molvig / Bev Molvig
PUG 54 Ken Peake
? Chris Reid, Lyn, Ian, Alexandra, Calum Reid
AFN 864 Alexander Sloan / Ann Sloan
GKC 367, John Vagg / Dot Vagg
GLO 153 Glenn Vagg /Paula Jennings
RW 445 Bob Williams / Mary Williams

The baby-cack coloured 404 in the background in the first photo, that was mine. Sorry to spoil the shot.

I have fond memories of my '70 404 in that colour. Pity it tripped on a stick and fell over onto it's roof, when going around a corner on a dirt road.

Mine was a 69 or 70 model with a 1.8 motor. Accelerated like a Bultaco, and screamed its head off at any decent road speed. But would have climbed a telegraph pole if it could get traction.

I don't even recall what happened to it when I got my next car, a 504, and that was the second time I went from a 404 to a 504.

Getting back to that weekend, I must admit that at the time I did not recognise the significance of it, getting so many geographically-dispersed Peugeot people, and their cars, together in the one place at the one time.

Didn't get to meet most of them. Some have since become very near and dear, other names keep popping up that I recognise and I didn't even know that they were there that weekend.

Many, of course, are no longer with us, and to them I dips me lid.

I do remember someone coming from Sydney, in the 504 in one of the shots, who had left that morning where it was nice and sunny and warm. He was in shorts and t-shirt. It was about 8 degrees in Bundanoon.

Wakey, wakey, hand off snakey. Up and at 'em you lot, a busy 2 days to enjoy before it's all over. Sunrise reveille for '203 troop' in tent city.......more to follow.View attachment 126539View attachment 126540
While some of the troop that had already arrived are getting a cuppa and feeding their faces, Lainey gets busy with a few more happy snaps. Peter: YON-203. Pino: YRF-203. Dennis: DE-203. Weather had been slightly suss 7.JPG9a.JPG8a.JPGMore to come............

Some slightly warm babys that fronted for the weekend. These 2 cars. Gary's 'HOT- 203'. 504 powered. Keiths' 'Blue Racer'. Warmed 203 donk.View attachment 126773View attachment 126774View attachment 126775

Wasn't there also a maroon and silver 203 with a Holden engine in it, there that weekend? I'm sure it had the same mags as Gary's car. From memory, the cream ute was also Holden powered, which later became black and then was bought by Keith Bridge and converted to a 505 2.2 litre (which came out of one of my cars).

Wasn't there also a maroon and silver 203 with a Holden engine in it, there that weekend? I'm sure it had the same mags as Gary's car. From memory, the cream ute was also Holden powered, which later became black and then was bought by Keith Bridge and converted to a 505 2.2 litre (which came out of one of my cars).

Denis weir from canberra had the maroon and silver holden powered 203
the ute was built by a biolermaker who i worked with at vale engineering in moss vale

It was certainly a memorable weekend. I still have my 203C but it is on a rotisserie waiting for some attention - have now had it for 48 years.Does anyone know where the composite wheels came from that were on a couple of the cars? I have never seen any since.

Norm