203/403 king pin shims

Far North Kiwi

Fellow Frogger
Hi, my 203 & 403 have some up/down movement questioned by our Warrant of fitness tests. The parts manual quotes the upper shim as 24x36x2mm. Does anybody know re availability of these or alternatives. I notice they are made of some non metal "fabric". Our 6 monthly WOF system is getting a tickle up at the moment because some dodgy garages have been taking short cuts so slight movement in this area freaks them out......crow bar under the tyre "test"!! Many thanks Dave DUIRS

Used to use C3 gearbox shims for this, in any case leave the Bakelite washers in place and add a thin steel washer, on top where the Bakelite one is. I actually found that filed out 504 front strut top washer/earth connection are ideal, but not everybody has these! Use the bottom nut to adjust the clearance, then peen over the locking sleeve to stop it undoing.

Thanks guys....was heading down similar solution but made A/F contact to get further ideas. Actually very little play but because of current publicity over some dodgy WOF inspectors I wanted to be prepared. Never failed before but 203 inspection had mechanic mention some play when he used crow bar under tyre when car on hoist.....getting touchy!! We have a check every six months & road registration cannot happen without current WOF. Very little goes wrong under the 203/403/404 provided rust is absent.