203, 403, 404 wanted

JackoHastie

Tadpole
Gday everyone,

Have recently been undertaking the restoration of a Peugeot 203 with fellow member James Gelido, in this time ive learnt alot about these quirky French vehicles, and have met a few members of this awesome community. Its just been great to see people offering advice an giving some help to us younger blokes. Recently ive been thinking about getting into the classic car scene myself, and since undertaking the project have fallen for the early Peugeots. Just wondering whats out there for sale in the way of Peugeots, either 203, 403 or 404 models, Im looking for something that is roadworthy, or near roadworthy, doesnt have to be cosmetically perfect at all, just something running and driving with as little rust as possible, I havent got a big budget, also am located in the sydney area but am willing to travel for a good car.

Cheers in advance,
Jackson

Good luck Jackson and welcome to the Secret Society. Guys with good 203 /403's tend to treasure and hang onto them for obvious reasons. However, as a generation is aging you are beginning to find their cars creeping back onto the market, especially not-quite finished "projects". The secret is to keep an eye on "Cars for Sale" in "Frogs"as a few will pop up from time to time. Examine all the ones that you can within reason , don't expect pristine examples for give away prices and be prepared to do a little work yourself. For example, there is a good 203, rust free ,in Melbourne for $5,000 that only requires interior trim. It looks awful inside but the fix is relatively cheap. Exterior is in brand new two pack , and that is really what gobbles up the dollars. (It looks great by the way.)
Some of the ads are very poorly written and others not very descriptive but patience will have its own rewards.
Also try to get a feel for prices and condition by reading as much as you can. There is no substitute for knowledge.
Anyway.....Bon Chance!
PS: What do I own? 1956 203c : 1984 505 STi : 1977 MGB Mk 111. (A 73 year old addict so be careful or it may happen to you! ) :nownow:

Decided I can't sell mine. Call me what you will. 21st Century Schizoid Man comes to mind.

has been a few on ebay, a 203 wagon and 403 sedan neither sold I think, there was an Eric Griffiths in Young had a good running 403 for sale on here while back as well good luck.