203 (1954) Renovation

clyde43

Tadpole
Tadpole
I need advice on installing the sunroof including the rubber seals, where is the best place to purchase windscreen rubber seal and other rubber needs?
clyde 43

Replace the side felts because they harbor rust. I got mine from Scotts Rubber. The rubber they supplied for the rear of the sunroof was slightly too high and has never compressed making it hard to open when fully closed.

I need advice on installing the sunroof including the rubber seals, where is the best place to purchase windscreen rubber seal and other rubber needs?
clyde 43

clyde 43
You mention "installing the sunroof". Is the sunroof already in the car, or are you planning to put one in?

i have a 203 sunroof incl frame in vgc to spare if any one in need, best offer

Should have indicated reinstall, contacted your suggestion and he was unsure of what rubbers seals are needed. Was going to check on his 203. I would be interested in a diagram of the sunroof showing adjustments and technique for its installation.
Cheers

From the body parts book. The second image is too large to upload. However, if you PM me your email address I can attempt to send you a scan of both parts books or the second scan which shows the lid.

Attachments

• img008.jpg
    img008.jpg
    1,019.5 KB · Views: 63
I purchased a kit of 4 items for the sunroof from Hans Fischer in Frankfurt , 2 side felts , 1 seal for across the top of the sliding roof rear and 1 for the front of the sliding roof. He also has most parts required for a restoration , including both screen rubbers ( much better quality/fit than Australian supplied items). I will be using locally sourced rubber to seal the inner frame to the underside of the roof. If your roof is from the early production series you may like to alter the early version to the later to get over windswept rain leaks. Refer to the image supplied by Commerciale above and you can see the 4 panels not cut out in the dark shadow of the image. Early versions had those sections cut out and I suspect the factory stopped cutting the 4 panels out to avoid issues with wind blown rain .