2018 3008 2000kg Towbar wanted with wiring harness

Dorj

Tadpole
Fellow Peugeot enthusiasts
I am having no luck finding a heavy duty towbar for my series2 3008GT at a reasonable price
If anyone could advise me of where I might be able to get one it would be greatly appreciated
Cheers
Jim

Are you sure the towing capacity is as high as 2,000kg, even with brakes?
Have you tried some of the wreckers?

Hi David
Thanks for getting back to me.
I checked with some Pug owners in the UK and the car is capable of 2000Kg
Several UK manufacturers offer 2000Kg towbars so I assume the same specs would be available here. I will be using it to tow a boat that ways around 1700Kg on a braked tandem wheeled trailer.
I got a call back from our local Peugeot dealer offering to supply and fit for $2400.00 which I think is a bit expensive.
I am about to do a ring around to the wreckers to see if I can find one .
If you know of a wrecker that has a late model 2008 please let me know.
Thanks again for your help
Cheers
Jim

For wreckers, in Sydney, try S Twins, Landmark Spares, ASV, Sydney Wide European. Further afield you caould try BM Spares and French Conenction in Melbourne. In Adelaide Volks Tork.

From the 2022 Australia specification sheet, seems to max out at 1,750 'braked'.

1679287603600.png

Here is a link to the local list of accessories. Select the 'Transport' option. It's showing the standard towbar fitted cost $1052 + $809 for the wiring, but I don't know if those costs are standalone or RRP for options when ordering a new vehicle. Not everyone wants the wiring kit, say, if they want the towbar for bikes only. I'm not sure what else you'd need for the braked towing.
https://peugeotaccessories.com.au/Accessories/Model/PEUGEOT-3008-SUV