2016 C4 Picasso (not the Grand Picasso) indicators on the blink

C4Picasso2016

Tadpole
My C4 2016 Picasso has an intermittent (= dreaded) fault with one side on the indicators sometimes going very fast when first swithced on, accompanied by a SERVICE warning and "check indicators" message. Happens once in three or four starts, always the same side.

Any advice??

Thanks,

DT

First of all check the blinkers are working when fault occurs check if your car has the module that turns the blinkers to the bumper when the tailgate is opened I’ve had these fail and cause this exact fault. It lives in the boot.

First of all check the blinkers are working when fault occurs check if your car has the module that turns the blinkers to the bumper when the tailgate is opened I’ve had these fail and cause this exact fault. It lives in the boot.
Thanks, checked this out and it’s exactly that, as you describe. So where exactly does this module live, what’s the part called and can I do it myself (fairly handy!) thanks for your help!

Sorry to be clear the blinkers moving to the bumper is normal because with the tailgate up at night you have no lights. But I have had these fail as said and cause blinker fault to narrow the fault down you should consult the bsi faults log not just faults if it’s just a blinker fault it will show up as such but if it has the fault multi relay short blah blah it needs this module. Will try and find a pic of parts location.

Sorry to be clear the blinkers moving to the bumper is normal because with the tailgate up at night you have no lights. But I have had these fail as said and cause blinker fault to narrow the fault down you should consult the bsi faults log not just faults if it’s just a blinker fault it will show up as such but if it has the fault multi relay short blah blah it needs this module. Will try and find a pic of parts location.
Yes, thanks, I do understand that the blinker function is relocated to the bumper when the tailgate is up, but as you described, when the fault occurs, that transfer of function doesn’t happen on my car. Any help you can give as to where this module is would be appreciated. How do I access the bsi faults log, btw? Do I need an obd scanner? Thanks!

Yes, thanks, I do understand that the blinker function is relocated to the bumper when the tailgate is up, but as you described, when the fault occurs, that transfer of function doesn’t happen on my car. Any help you can give as to where this module is would be appreciated. How do I access the bsi faults log, btw? Do I need an obd scanner? Thanks!
Thanks for all the advice. Noted that one blinker in the bumper was indeed not working, so had a look at the globes. Amazing, the whole light fitting in the bumper full of water. What surprise that it wasn't working!! Drained, cleaned up the terminals and replaced the globe - all OK now but how did the water get in??