2012 Peugeot 308 LED DRL's not operational.

IRAs-Frog

Tadpole
Hi All,

I attempted to resurrect an old thread last week but got no responses so I'm hoping a new threat may get a response :)

I have 2012 Peugeot 308 with the LED DRLs built into the front fog light surrounds.

Car is a Apr 12 build VIN #VF34CSFVACS097448 (in another post I said 10/13 - I was reading the wrong tag :-().

I have done a BSI reset as per posted instructions - Diagbox throws up the error "BSI Fault F5FF Unexpected re-initialisation fault coming from BSI" After a BSI reset. This comes up whenever I attempt a BSI reset and is easily cleared. It doesn't seem to affect anything.

The DRLs are marked as activated on the dash display.

In Diagbox the lights are marked as installed.
Settings:
Type of day running lights - Dedicated day running lights.
Illumination by default of the day running lights - Yes
Simultaneous illumination of the day running lights and side lights - No
They did not illuminate.
Changing the "Simultaneous illumination of the day running lights and side lights to "Yes" switched on low/dipped beam but no DRL's. Not what I really wanted.

In Peugeot Planet they were set to Type 2. They did not illuminate. Changing the setting to Type 1 switched on low/dipped beam but no DRLs.

I attempted to measure the voltage at the DRL connector - no volts were present on any of the pins/wires white , green and orange - (engine running with and without parking/side lights. I also tried measuring connectivity to ground but there was none (even on the green).

I want to see if there is any voltage present on the "dispatch" side of the wiring but am unable to source schematics or wiring diagrams for this model 308 with the dedicated LED DRL'S - only ones with filament bulbs in the headlights!

Can anyone help with the location of the supply for the LED DRL's? Either with wiring diagrams for LEDS only, or descriptions of the wiring.
Is supply from the fuse/supply box in the cabin (a jumble of wires and connectors as it seems the tow bar accessory wiring (or something) has been added here?)
Is supply from the engine bay fuse box?
Is supply from the fuse block set over the battery?
Or is it supplied from the ECU sitting in front of the engine bay fuse block?

I've a bad feeling that the fault lies in a black box somewhere :-(

Cheers

Ian

Hi All,
Problem solved (sort of).
The bl..dy things aren't plugged in!
I finally got hold of a workshop manual and noticed that the DRL wiring is a separate loom attached to the front bumper which then plugs into a loom in the engine bay.
The only way to get to this bumper loom/plug/drls is by removing the front bumper - a fairly easy job as it is basically held on by two bolts and two self tapping screws after you remove the bottom splash guard.
When I removed the bumper I found the plug for the front loop dangling in the breeze.
That's where the "sort of" solution came into play.
I couldn't find an engine bay plug!
Background - the front bumper was removed by the dealer back in 2018 when they repaired a rear engine bearing oil leak under warranty (the front of the vehicle has to be disassembled to split the engine and gearbox).
I am assuming that the dealer did not replace the DRL loom wiring when they reassembled the car.
I took the car back to the dealers today and spoke to the service manager - he had difficulty with time time lapsed between the repair and my bring it to his attention (so do I).
The are having a look at it next week to judge if it is their responsibility. I would think so, as the only time the bumper has been off is when they did the repair and yesterday when I had it off.
In my defence your honour, who "looks" at their drls to see if they are running and I did raise this issue on this forum in June 2019 thinking it was a fault and have not been too worried about fixing it ($ costs you know)!
This message is being copied to some other place on this form and elsewhere as I have been trying to find a solution.
Thanks to all for their input.
IRA