2012 Citroen C5 Exclusive

The C5 X7 has had a major service. A few minor things replaced, along with the engine mounts.
The front brake pads had chewed into the rotors on the insides, so both front brake discs and pads have been replaced.
PDF Fluid topped up, all filters replaced.
Total cost 4300 grand.
Still needs the front suspension bushes replaced, and it appears the passenger side suspension units, front and rear, are leaking.
This week Arrow Towbars are fitting a new hayman Reece towbar and wiring to the car, so it can tow the 1925 5CV (on a trailer) to club car events. All looking good, and I'm still very happy with the luxury C5 :love:

Have you checked the towing rating on the new towbar?
I have one on my X7 and it's a very light weight unit, I can't remember the exact figures, but I doubt it's rated to tow as you intend?

Regards,
Bernie

Have you checked the towing rating on the new towbar?
I have one on my X7 and it's a very light weight unit, I can't remember the exact figures, but I doubt it's rated to tow as you intend?

Regards,
Bernie
It is 1,500 kg, braked. The 1225 Citroen 5CV weights 500kg. The car trailer is very small with an aluminum tray and alco rubber suspension, and cable brakes. I doubt it would weigh 500kg, so I'm well under. The 2007 C5 2.0 HDi had no trouble towing it.
:giggle:

Attachments

• 2022 Oct 15 French Day 01.jpg
    2022 Oct 15 French Day 01.jpg
    367.6 KB · Views: 14
Sounds good.
I just checked and HR site says 1390kg and 57Kg ball weight, so yes it should be OK.
just that i remembered thinking when i got mine fitted it was pretty light weight.

all the best,
Bernie

Sounds good.
I just checked and HR site says 1390kg and 57Kg ball weight, so yes it should be OK.
just that i remembered thinking when i got mine fitted it was pretty light weight.

all the best,
Bernie
Ouch! I just checked the owners manual. The auto diesel is 1,300kg braked and 57kg tow ball. The manual can tow a slightly higher weight. I just checked the small trailer. It says it has a tare weight of 175kg (doesn't sound right to me) and can carry 1.02 tonne. Either way I think I'm safe. The trailer won't take any thing longer than 4 metres. (the length of the 5CV). I'm guessing overall weight would still be well under 1 tonne.

I know of a C5 that tows an unbraked steel trailer with a ton of firewood. That's more than 750kg, but the car can tow well if the trailer is correctly loaded, and nobody is around. If you can load the 5CV onto a braked trailer with correct ball weight it will work. It may have to go on tail first. Don't speed.

I just replaced C5 pads and discs all round, and if I'd paid for labour there still would have been change from a grand. The mounts are a less pleasant job.

I know of a C5 that tows an unbraked steel trailer with a ton of firewood. That's more than 750kg, but the car can tow well if the trailer is correctly loaded, and nobody is around. If you can load the 5CV onto a braked trailer with correct ball weight it will work. It may have to go on tail first. Don't speed.

I just replaced C5 pads and discs all round, and if I'd paid for labour there still would have been change from a grand. The mounts are a less pleasant job.
Would you believe, that 5CV on the trailer is well balanced. I brought it home from Moss Vale, to Brisbane behind a Jeep GC V6 Diesel at speeds above the posted limit, and it handled beautifully. The Jeep was replaced with a Touareg a couple of years ago.

Attachments

• 1925 Citroen 5CV 21.jpg
    1925 Citroen 5CV 21.jpg
    302.4 KB · Views: 19