2012 308 running problems

forumnoreason

1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
A friend has a friend in the NT with a 2012 308 auto wagon running poorly, low on power, he's travelled from Adelaide and reached Tennant Creek, a mechanic ran tests in Alice Springs and it seems to be the high pressure fuel pump causing the issue, he asked who might deal with a pug in Darwin and I will make some enquiries to see if anyone actually has compatible diagnostics up here.... quick question though is if a pump was installed does it need any programming or settings on ecu done? He's been quoted $1265 for the part. attached are readings he has been given.Any advice appreciated. I can direct him to page link for reading. Cheers Steven

codes308.jpg

Last edited:
A friend has a friend in the NT with a 2012 308 auto wagon running poorly, low on power, he's travelled from Adelaide and reached Tennant Creek, a mechanic ran tests and it seems to be te high pressure fuel pump causing the issue, he asked who might deal with a pug in Darwin and I will make some enquiries to see if anyone actually has compatible diagnostics up here.... quick question though is if a pump was installed does it need any programming or settings on ecu done? He's been quoted $1265 for the part. attached are readings he has been given.Any advice appreciated. I can direct him to page link for reading. CheersSteven

I'd be replacing the fuel filter before jumping to the expensive options. . .

Cheers
Chris

100% fuel filter first then make sure the fuel itself is ok a small % of petrol will cause low pressure faults then a suction control valve especially on the Delphi system this car has common as hell on these , don’t replace the pump.

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
Fix it right the first time

Is this a diesel or an EP6 petrol engine??? From the info provided, it could be either.

Ok that pic didn’t come up before replace the petrol fuel pump but check that may be covered by technical goodwill depending on start of warranty date

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
Fix it right the first time

Assuming it is an EP6 ... that set of fault codes could justify replacing the HP fuel pump. The pump is just a mechanical item. The factory diag tool isn't essential to read and erase faults.
The low pressure supply pressure is meant to be 5+/-0.5Bar with the engine running. Check at the bleeder before condemning the HP pump.