2010 3008 power steering/ gearbox fault

YaMaximka

Tadpole
got a nice greeting from my 2010 3008 when tried starting it up today.
No previous issues, no leaks or any physical damage.
Thinking it's an electrical (solid state relay maybe?) issue. Dont have a wiring diagram to check though.
Another thing - at first attempt starting the car it didnt turn, but starter made clicking sound, as if the battery was dead.
Have anyone had similar issue?
Thanks.

I may be wrong, but doesn't the 3008 have a JTEKT (formerly Koyo) electric powered steering box? That and the starter clicking suggests a battery. How old is the battery?

I may be wrong, but doesn't the 3008 have a JTEKT (formerly Koyo) electric powered steering box? That and the starter clicking suggests a battery. How old is the battery?
battery is couple of years old. But car did start from the second turn of the key. There is probably a drain which emptied battery overnight, and that drain has got to be a part of the larger issue...that is my thinking atm

It was the battery at the end of the day. Thank you.

It usually is :). But if your battery was really only a couple of years old, then I think you were entitled to consider other options!