2008 Peugeot 407 2.7 HDI Radiator removal.

Whitelight

Tadpole
Hi, I know the hard lengthy way to remove the radiator. But can the V6 radiator come out without removing the bumper bar? Also how do I remove the radiator from the cradle easily? There's so little information on the net.
Im very competent and can figure it all out, but the process of working things out is time consuming, I am sure that some of you good people have got it down to a t, and can help me with your knowledge.
Last time I had to replace the water manifold close to the cat, I removed the front bar, and then the complete rad/condenser cradle dropped out easily from the bottom, rather than lifting it from the top.
I am hoping that the radiator is easily separated from the cradle and I can extract it without spending hours stripping away.
thanking you in advance.
Roy.

Hi, I know the hard lengthy way to remove the radiator. But can the V6 radiator come out without removing the bumper bar? Also how do I remove the radiator from the cradle easily? There's so little information on the net.
Im very competent and can figure it all out, but the process of working things out is time consuming, I am sure that some of you good people have got it down to a t, and can help me with your knowledge.
Last time I had to replace the water manifold close to the cat, I removed the front bar, and then the complete rad/condenser cradle dropped out easily from the bottom, rather than lifting it from the top.
I am hoping that the radiator is easily separated from the cradle and I can extract it without spending hours stripping away.
thanking you in advance.
Roy.
Hi Roy - I’m going to be doing it tomorrow- I’ve replaced the coolant flang before (I’m a 2.7 diesel). Was a terrible job but did it by removal the alternator and dropping the AC compressor . I’ve got a leaking radiator now (plastic planned obsolescence piece of rubbish) so at this stage I’m pulling the bumper off and going deep into it. If you have any pointers would be much appreciated

I think your chances of getting a reply are pretty slim PMaster.

The OP only ever made the 1 post - in 2 different places.

He hasn't been back since 2019.

Cheers

Justin

Sometimes the plastic end tanks are not actually split, just leaking where they are crimped on to the matrix. They can be removed and the rubber seal dressed with sealant to good effect. It just takes time and care not to break more than a few of the crimp tabs. It's not so easy if the matrix it self is leaking.

With the 2.7HDi, it important to replace the plastic thermostat housing and the outlet pipe down the front when they become brittle and start to weep from a join. They certainly don't last forever.