2008 noise in dashboard behind satnav according to SWMBO

BarryC

Fellow Frogger
Please don't laugh. Humour me instead.

I have a 2017 model Peugeot 2008. Great car ... except....

SWMBO says that there is a noise she can hear in the dashboard behind the SATNAV screen. It's intermittent (naturally). I have no hope of hearing it because (apparently) I'm quite deaf and need my hearing tested .... perhaps a modicum of truth in this ... however...

Does anyone know of hearing such a noise or its cause?

I suppose I could take it back to the dealer as it's still under warranty, but I feel a bit of a dill asking them! This could be a fall-back position.

:crazy::confused:

Is she hearing a rattle, or is it a whine from the heater unit motors, or even a gurgle from the heater/AC?

Mouse or beetle rustling? Leaves in the air con/heating ducts (pollen filter should of course stop this)?

Your car seems a bit too new for some of the possibilities (and I don't know anything about the newer models), but at least in earlier PSA cars with climate control, there is a little fan that directs air onto the cabin temperature sensor. This lives behind a little grille in the dash, and gets noisy with age (like computer fans, but not as loud).

Also (but again this car should be too new) the climate control motors use little cogs to move flaps to adjust the mix of warm and cold air - with age the flaps get stiff, teeth on cogs etc. get worn and then start slipping past each other, making a clicking noise.

Agree it's a bit tough fronting up to the service department to complain about something you can't even hear! If there is a fault, then the noise may get worse, or something (such as cabin temperature control) may malfunction, which might make it easier to pinpoint.

Cheers

Alec

Dealer job let them break the screen and surround I think there is a fix for this

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 505 GR xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
Fix it right the first time