2008 build X7 C5 Daytime running lights (DRL)

....I could not find it. i looked at both the BSI and display screen options. ....
activating them by the screen display is probably the easiest option. Check the hand book on exactly how to do it, dead easy though.
Just from memory, engine running (h'brake on, trans in park), menu button on steering hub, lighting, DRL - change to on. Just from memory (unreliable)

Cars built in late 2011 had LEDs, turned on/off at the centre display. Comforts used the old style.

I remember seeing the DRL option in diagbox when I programmed my virgin BSI but when I looked yesterday, I could not find it. i looked at both the BSI and display screen options. Can someone who has done this recently point me in the right direction with Diagbox? Also, are there bulbs already installed or do I need to source and install some?
As explained previously, the option will NOT appear on the dash display, until it it first selected in diagbox

Where in Diagbox do I turn them on, I have looked at both the BSi and dash display options and could not see it?

You need to access the "Customer Personalisation" menu, and there you will find the lighting options, from memory.

You first need to turn on "Lighting by default of daytime running lamps" (i.e.. change the option to Yes), then "Simultaneous lighting of daytime running lamps and sidelights".

It's only after this has been turned on in Diagbox that the menu options appear on the centre display on the dash.