2008 Aisin 6 speed fluid replacement?

I think it would be safer to use the official PSA method and repeat the normal change as often as your fluid supply allows.

We are getting away from PSA cars (the method is in the files posted above). Llttle differences may be found in some makes. I have the Volvo document, and it is less useful.

Other than the oil spec changing in circa 2011 (from JWS3309, a mineral based oil, to synthetic JWSXXXX) I think nothing else has changed. ...
Try JWS 3324. I'd think it will be a TF81 / AM6C. Different in detail and a different valve body. Not the same as the TF80 / AM6.
Sonnax has good information on all of these gearboxes and many helpful pictures, diagrams and tips.

Last edited:
The dealership‘s stock answer is that the auto trans is “sealed for life”. I get a blank stare when I ask this question.

My question is about information re changing the fluid despite their responses.

my car is a year 2107. It’s done almost 100K and I was toying with the idea of changing/topping up the transmission fluid. I do intend to keep this car for quite a few years more. Is a fluid “change” actually possible? What % is changed when this is done? Any recommended/not recommended fluids to use?

cheers
1697834540025.png

Indeed.
Barry, sorry I thought you were referring to a 2008 year car, not model.

Other than the oil spec changing in circa 2011 (from JWS3309, a mineral based oil, to synthetic JWSXXXX) I think nothing else has changed. Note that some iterations of that box do not have the two piece drain plug, my wife's Mondeo being one of them.

There is a good video on Youtube where a guy changed the fluid on a Volvo using the same box, using the method where you run the engine and keep pouring the ATF in with the small drain plug removed. The fluid overflows out the 'tube level plug', thus draining at least part of the torque converter fluid. However, it DOES use a fair bit of fluid; like 20 litres.

I couldn't find the above, but this one is another that is really interesting:

Quite a few folk (some on AF) say the Penrite equivalents work well (they sell one ATF for the early mineral based fluid and one for the synthetic, searchable on the Penrite website).

The Toyota branded equivalent fluids are the best value fluids I've seen other than Penrite.
I used Nulon transmission fluid and had it changed twice by the local Citroen dealer (Baker Motors in Albury).

20,000 kms later the gear changes are sweet as new

I used the nulon in my C5 ZF 4HP20 box. Changed it 3 times with 200km intervals which gave about 2 percent dilution with old fluid. Worked fine. The transmission oil was almost black when removed so it was getting too hot. Returned the box to smooth precise changes. Less than $100 cost of oil. The job is slow as there isn't a filler on the box it has to go through the breather.