2008 407 HDi Anything to watch out for?

UNM

Fellow Frogger
I am considering jumping back into Peugeot ownership and am looking at a 2008 407 HDi. Has heated leather seats, so presumably the Executive model.

185,00KMs, recently had timing belt changed and DPF a year or two back.

I'll browse around but am interested if anyone has insight into what I should look for to tell if it is a good buy.

Obviously will check the usual suspects for any car of that age. I know the AL4 is a contentious subject but is the six speed auto considered good/bad/indifferent?

I assume it’s the Aisin auto which should be pretty reliable if it drives ok now.
If it’s been serviced by-the-book and drives well it probably comes down to ‘condition’ it’s in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Check the dash display for radio etc. at the upper part of the central dash area, if these go there is a problem.

Could I ask what sort of money you are looking at spending

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
Fix it right the first time

Ta

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
Fix it right the first time

Decided to go for it, subject to the current owner getting a RWC (it was $4700 inc 8 months rego and RWC). About time I got another pug.

Car is a bit ordinary cosmetically - plenty scrapes around base of front bumper, few shopping cart dings and scratches at drivers door consistent with someone wearing rings. 'Chrome' surround at gearchange has de-laminated from the plastic in places.

Drives fine though and with a new cam belt, LCD multifunction display and DPF recently, along with all usual service items taken care of, I am hopeful it will run for a few years yet.

No doubt there will be a few more threads relating to issues once I start driving it. Am hoping my Lexia cable set will work with this one.