2008 308 touring seat re-covering

ChalkHorse

Tadpole
Tadpole
Hello. Very new here and new to forums. Be gentile.
We have a 2008 308 touring and love it. Bought it as an ex-demo in 2009 and its been brilliant. Mechanically its been perfect. The issue we have is the fabric front seats. The seat bolster edge on both the drivers and passenger side have frayed to the point of damaging the foam padding. OK. I thought I'll just go to a motor trimmer and get them sorted. Apparently Peugeot in their wisdom decided to glue the fabric to the foam and the seats cant be recovered or repaired. The three motor trimmers Ive spoken with all said just go and find good used seats. Great Idea except all the seats Ive found have the same issue.
Question: Does anyone have a solution? Either a Trimmer in Melbourne who can take on such a task. Or know of any good front seats that will bolt in. Black fabric is a preference.
Thanks in advance.

Keep looking at wreckers, daughters 308 09 has perfect cloth seats and the wagon we stripped 08 had perfect black cloth seat but Mr Scrappy squash it.
Or check FB for any 308s going cheap as plenty about with motor issues.

Had real continuing issues trying to make a tired old 405 driver seat comfortable again. After several failed attempts at a couple of upholsterers and a second hand seat I would suggest if you are happy with the comfort of your current seats I would live with them and get yourself some seat covers if fraying fabric is your only issue.

The foam local upholsterers have seems to be very different to what came with my car originally.

308's have great seats. Our 2009 Touring with leather still had seats that looked like new with nearly 250K km's. Our 2010 308 Touring with cloth seats only had 136K km's but again - the seats looked like new.

I'm really surprised to hear of a 308 seat looking tired at all. On that basis it should be easy to find good seats in a parts dismantler - but be prepared to pay !

98qgpoi1kyxxr14ggsd6690wk.jpg

zlxioc0myukgk0h16l058uege.jpg

Cheers

Justin