2008 308 TDI 2.0 wagon - P0341 Camshaft sensor

hwmaier

Tadpole
Tadpole
Hi all,

I have a 2008 308 TDI 2.0 wagon.
Also have the very same problem. Intermittent shutdowns/stalls in particular at low revs, just before a roundabout or T-junction when you slow down. Faulty is mostly gearbox fault but the car can start again and drives ok afterwards. Sometimes it requires disconnection from battery to clear fault. I have a feeling it depends on temperature a bit, seems to happen more frequently on hot days in summer.

I connected today DiagBox and the fault which seems to cause all this is "P0341 Camshaft signal" and which then causes a whole stack of engine speed signal issues as secondary faults (P0336/P0337/P0338/P0727). And then of course the gearbox fault as tertiary fault.

Has anybody fixed this issue? Is it the sensor or the wiring the culprit?

Attachments

• 2024-01-11_14-18-37.png
    2024-01-11_14-18-37.png
    80.4 KB · Views: 19
You guys are shit stiring me because you have just seen my post here right ?

You guys are shit stiring me because you have just seen my post here right ?

@DoubleChevron Sorry I don't understand. I posted here because the thread is relevant to the issue I currently have and I searched for solutions.

2008 will be RHR engine for sure and that's different to RHH. I've moved this to a new and separate thread.

There is a TSB I have seen for other vehicles with this engine of the same age where the symptom is described as the engine failing to start permanently or intermittently in the presence of one or more of faults P0336, P0337, P0338, P0339, P0341, P1164. The first three suggest the engine speed sensor and the last two point to the camshaft position sensor. Your P0341 fault does point to the cam sensor.

Be mindful that the gearbox could be OK, but misbehave if there is a lack of engine torque. One thing you might check is that the vacuum line Y-piece near the oil filter is not leaking. It causes a loss of turbo boost and the gearbox will shift differently as a result. Also consider that the engine slave / fuse box could be failing.

Last edited:
2008 will be RHR engine for sure and that's different to RHH. I'll move this to a new and separate thread.
I was just being silly... the exact problem I have .... I look, and there at the top of the forum is a thread covering my exact issue :ROFLMAO: Yours will not have this problem if its an RHR :)

@
One thing you might check is that the vacuum line Y-piece near the oil filter is not leaking. It causes a loss of turbo boost and the gearbox will shift differently as a result.

Interesting hint. Exactly this Y-piece was damaged a while ago by the mechanic when they did an oil service. He glued it back together but maybe it is still leaky and maybe causing/contributing to issues.

Replace it with some rubber washer/vac tube and a suitable joiner. There a thread on this listed as C5 Power Down or similar in the Citroen forum 'sticky' (i.e. top of forum list) Thread of Excellent Threads. If it's leaking, you never get full boost and it will hold the lower gears and feel gutless. At 15years+ you might do well to check other vacuum pipes around the engine and one of those hand vacuum pump kits for about $35 from eBay is an invaluable tool to have on hand.