2006 Peugeot 307 cc AL4 Gearbox error code

dcc236

Fellow Frogger
My daughter's 307cc had a chat with me today and told me it has a P1167 Pressure Regulation Variation / Recommendation. Anyone know what it is try to tell me?

In the last month the gearbox at odd times has been struggling on take off and occasionally from 1st to 2nd, with the occasional gearbox thump.

Bloody AL4 gearboxes, never again.

Could be valve body failure or those 2 solenoids. I can't say for sure. Could be weak ATF as well . You may end replacing the gearbox. But wait for other members that understand AL4 more than I do.

Ikenna351, Lion King - Monk.

Pressure regulation fault is generally the solenoids. Should cost $800 ish all up with a decent mechanic. Or you could diy it, plenty of good tutorials. Parts and oil should run up under $300. Al4s really aren't that bad if looked after properly. Regular oil changes make them last.

My daughter's 307cc had a chat with me today and told me it has a P1167 Pressure Regulation Variation / Recommendation. Anyone know what it is try to tell me?

In the last month the gearbox at odd times has been struggling on take off and occasionally from 1st to 2nd, with the occasional gearbox thump.

Bloody AL4 gearboxes, never again.

There is a Thread on aussiefrogs called: AL4 Auto - finally smooth shifting. At #52 there is a post by jae656 on 23/11/15. this is the only person that I know that has fixed an AL4($) long term. It must be worth a go!
I would not hesitate trying this though we sold my daughter's immaculate 306XSi after spending big dollars at Peter Warren Peugeot and it was still no bloody good. Paid really big money for the car and sold it for $600!!! Grrrrr.

Dave just try new Penrite oil but make sure you do the full flush over 3 changes to get the original fluid out of the converter and valve body..

If this does not improve it then the 2 solenoids which I know you can handle replacing. But you will have to drain and refill just use the same fluid.

If you have PP2000 clear the oil counter.

Experience from my 2x AL4s is valve bodies wear out if the fluid not changed regularly.
At 180km if AL4 not looked after the converter will give up [emoji22]

You have nothing to loose.

Cheers Dimi

Sent from my SM-G900I using aussiefrogs mobile app